Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Looked into consulting for a bit (as was losing hope) and they make you jump through the same hoops - cappfinity tests , VIs etc and they have forage internships too, just potentially less competitive.
    Consulting can actually be much more competitive than law! It is the most popular career for graduates to go into.

It will vary a lot based on the organisation and the area of consultancy, but comparing the sectors as a whole, Consulting is much more competitive.

bangarangbass39

Valued Member
    Sep 13, 2023
    Has anyone applied through 10K Black Interns? If so which firms and what has been the update?
    Mine has been Mills and Reeve and BDB Pitmans.
    I'm annoyed because Mills & Reeve say I have to wait till mid February - March! I applied all the way back in November.

Reactions: tc252627
    Does anyone have experience of dealing with scheme clashes? Have already accepted a VS from one firm and have now recieved an offer for another. Firm B has said they can move me to the spring scheme instead of summer but I don't feel comfortable doing that as it is very close to my exams and I know I need to dedicate enough time to revision to ensure I get that 2:1. Firm B doesn't do a direct TC route so I'm not sure what my options are- the clash is one week; would they maybe let me do half the VS? I'm not too sure where to go from here so would appreciate any insights if possible @Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    when you get a vc, do you have to do another training contract assessment centre?
    There maybe a conversion interview or other assessments as part of the vacation scheme. For some firms you may need to do an assessment centre though - it really depends on how aligned the two recruitment processes are.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone have experience of dealing with scheme clashes? Have already accepted a VS from one firm and have now recieved an offer for another. Firm B has said they can move me to the spring scheme instead of summer but I don't feel comfortable doing that as it is very close to my exams and I know I need to dedicate enough time to revision to ensure I get that 2:1. Firm B doesn't do a direct TC route so I'm not sure what my options are- the clash is one week; would they maybe let me do half the VS? I'm not too sure where to go from here so would appreciate any insights if possible @Jessica Booker
    I think they would have offered the half VS if that was an option.

But half schemes are very rare - you won’t be able to miss the first week because of all the necessary induction process, so you’d have to miss the second half of the earlier scheme if that was to happen. But I would expect most firms to say no and basically force you to choose which firm you want to proceed with if the Spring scheme is not an option for you.

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.