TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
What did you hear back from them? is this following a VI?
Has anyone at all heard back from Dentons for London? I’m still waiting post-app (sent it off end of December) and have had radio silence.

Really strange as I applied last year and heard back within about 2 weeks. Maybe it’s a PFO or they’re just being incredibly slow.

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
@Jessica Booker Hi Jessica, I am submitting an application to a firm's Dubai office for their placement scheme. On the website it says the firm pays for accommodation for those not resident in Dubai. So I am assuming that they also sponsor the visa (for internship) given they are clearly accepting applications from non-residents? Do you think it's worth still getting in touch and asking. The firm's not been super responsive and the deadline is nearing so I don't know if it's best waiting for a response before starting writing my application. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: axelbeugre

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker Hi Jessica, I am submitting an application to a firm's Dubai office for their placement scheme. On the website it says the firm pays for accommodation for those not resident in Dubai. So I am assuming that they also sponsor the visa given they are clearly accepting applications from non-residents? Do you think it's worth still getting in touch and asking. The firm's not been super responsive and the deadline is nearing so I don't know if it's best waiting for a response before starting writing my application. Thank you!
it sounds like you have already contacted them about this - if so, I wouldn’t necessarily chase them via email again. Alternatives are to try and call them or maybe connect with their trainees working in the region to see if they know.

eleven14og

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 8, 2021
    I apparently chose the wrong weekend to not check the forum! Literally me catching up from page 650ish during my lunch break

Phone Scrolling GIF by Gogglebox Australia

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.