TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
This isn't strictly relevant, but if anyone here has done an interview (VI) when they weren't prepared or in the right headspace and still made it through, I would love to hear about some positive stories. I literally got rejected from my dream summer volunteering role yesterday and have been so anxious about diss deadlines that I rushed my Mishcon VI this morning and I could feel my mind going blank a few times. It was an easy interview in terms of questions tho so I can't help but be annoyed. :(

Reactions: MrHubertLouis

yxngd2x

Distinguished Member
Jan 8, 2024
This isn't strictly relevant, but if anyone here has done an interview (VI) when they weren't prepared or in the right headspace and still made it through, I would love to hear about some positive stories. I literally got rejected from my dream summer volunteering role yesterday and have been so anxious about diss deadlines that I rushed my Mishcon VI this morning and I could feel my mind going blank a few times. It was an easy interview in terms of questions tho so I can't help but be annoyed. :(
I did my Willkie VI and didn’t finish 2 out of 3 questions and in one of them blanked out in the middle of my answer after stumbling over my words for about 15/20seconds and they pushed me through to next stage — and that was doing it on the deadline while dealing with 9500 words of coursework and having to prepare for back to back ACs with Freshfields and Latham the week after so my prep for that VI was v v meady and just did it because it was literally on the deadline

LKG

Star Member
Feb 16, 2023

I feel this so much but it’s important to remember that they don’t expect us to be perfect! I had a VI in December and was rushing the first question so much I got completely confused with what I was saying. I stumbled over my words so much I actually just laughed for a second because I wasn’t saying the most basic words correctly🤣 but somehow I still made it through!!

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
I did my Willkie VI and didn’t finish 2 out of 3 questions and in one of them blanked out in the middle of my answer after stumbling over my words for about 15/20seconds and they pushed me through to next stage — and that was doing it on the deadline while dealing with 9500 words of coursework and having to prepare for back to back ACs with Freshfields and Latham the week after so my prep for that VI was v v meady and just did it because it was literally on the deadline
I feel this so much but it’s important to remember that they don’t expect us to be perfect! I had a VI in December and was rushing the first question so much I got completely confused with what I was saying. I stumbled over my words so much I actually just laughed for a second because I wasn’t saying the most basic words correctly🤣 but somehow I still made it through!!
Thank you both so so much. I will forget about it now and focus on my diss work. This was really reassuring and comforting 💖🥹

Reactions: yxngd2x

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.