TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Anyone know the main differences between MoFo and Shearman? As I know they are competitors..

I am quite interested in finance regulatory work, is MoFo better for this?

@axelbeugre - do you have thoughts on this? 😊
I personally do not know but I am sure you will be able to find something online. What I knew was that MoFo was very tech and life sciences regulatory heavy but that is everything I know, whereas Shearman is very finance, leveraged finance heavy. Again, a thorough research on both might give you a better understanding of their differences.

Reactions: legalgrinch

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
How do I find a law firm's own ESG goals? do they report it?
Most law firms do and they will have articles on their websites. Additionally, I would look at law firms' LinkedIn pages as those will sometimes repost these kind of reports. Alternatively, following lawyers and partners in corporate/capital markets or even ESG departments from the law firms you are interested in.

Reactions: sediofoifsf

theonecompetant

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2024
Hey - I've got a paralegal job in private client in a fairly high street firm in south London starting in the next 2 weeks. But I've also got a paralegal job in commercial litigation at a top city law firm that i could start soon BUT its only for a 1 month contract. Which one should I take???

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.