TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
I would email to confirm this because offering to provide accommodation does not mean being able to sponsor visas. For instance, I have done a vacation scheme last year and the firm was providing accommodation for the people outside of London but did not sponsor visas (and I was an international student so I did ask this beforehand). I would email and get confirmation from them.
Can I ask what you did about the visa situation? Thank you, Axel!

ellabasing

Standard Member
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2023
Does anyone have any tips on the Stephenson Harwood application question that asks for a summary of an article on the sustainability of yachting? Should it be broken down into different sections with bullet points or just in simple paragraphs?

ThorSK

Apr 7, 2021
Does anyone have any tips on the Stephenson Harwood application question that asks for a summary of an article on the sustainability of yachting? Should it be broken down into different sections with bullet points or just in simple paragraphs?
I had an interview with TLT not too long ago and my interviewer said that when summarizing you need to look at who you client is, and act accordingly.

I.e. a senior director may not have time to hear a massive summary, so sum up the article in a sentence or two, then break down the key points, and then offer them to contact you for further queries. (That is just my opinion, could be the wrong approach).

J53

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 12, 2024
    It's quite annoying in that it doesn't specify who exactly the client is, I broke it down into mainly prose and then bullet points for stats.

Maryem1998!

Feb 12, 2024
    Has anyone received the shoosmiths feedback report. What was everyone’s strength and weaknesses? I got open connector as my weakness and considering it’s one of their top values, not sure I’ll be getting the good news from them anytime soon

Reactions: mhs234

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.