TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    So I got the feedback from Hogan Lovells post-AC and I’m so happy and extremely angry with myself at the same time - happy because of the confirmation that I did very well in the part where I used to always struggle - the case study interview ( those who followed my posts know ahaha), which here was commercial heavy and with questions that I did not expect and challenged me. The feedback said I was able to engage in a robust analysis of the commercial issues discussed (including a well-thought through response to the case study). Generally it’s the most difficult part of the process for me so I’m proud of myself and really gave me a little bit of confidence to continue!!

But then, here comes the twist – the situational interview. Oh boy, did I make a mess of that! I mean, seriously, everyone says it’s supposed to be straightforward and based on common sense. Yet somehow, in the heat of the moment, I managed to mess it up.

It's driving me nuts because acing the toughest part and then bombing this feels like a cosmic joke.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.