TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

IanforaTC

Feb 7, 2024
Goodwin VS!! 🎉
Congratulations!!

I called back and then responded to an email they sent me. But I got a call back from them and I've obtained a place on the VS.
I jumped the gun a bit too quick; Goodwin Summer VS!

Congrats! I hope you're all on the same VS dates so you can play a game of 'Who's the cartoon frog' and 'Who's the illustrated Tracy Beaker' at the induction 😅

Sharon Wu

Esteemed Member
Oct 27, 2023
how many firms is everyone waiting on? im waiting on 3 and then that concludes my cycle!
15 - but that's a mix of Vacation Schemes and Direct TCs

FYI: I do try and apply early, and not on the deadline day...so I suspect many people will have these same firms in future (e.g. Baker McKenzie)

PLUS: someone asked about dealing with rejections... I deal with a rejection by writing another application, to ensure I am always awaiting on above 10 applications lol

Last edited:

Lawyer13.11

Jan 7, 2024
Does anyone know the best way to go about asking a firm to switch scheme dates? I have accepted a place on a VS already, and took the earlier of the two options regarding dates. I have now been offered another scheme which clashes with those dates, and the only way that I could do both VSs is by asking the firm I have already accepted a VS with to switch me to a later scheme (which they do run).

Does anyone know the best way to go about this? Is an email or call to grad rec more suitable, and should I tell them that my reason for wishing to switch dates is so that I can attend another firm's VS?
Also, are firms usually accommodating in situations like this?

Many thanks in advance.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Sharon Wu

Kiru666

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2022
Hey, I just got a standard rejection email nearly 5 weeks after my Milbank AC and they’re refusing to provide individual feedback (which I think is ridiculous given the AC was nearly 6 hrs long and we completed 4 exercises). I don’t want to ask for a Subject Access Request straight away - how can i ask for feedback and mention the SAR without seeming too bothersome? Thank you :)

CorporateCrocodile

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 21, 2022
    Hey, I just got a standard rejection email nearly 5 weeks after my Milbank AC and they’re refusing to provide individual feedback (which I think is ridiculous given the AC was nearly 6 hrs long and we completed 4 exercises). I don’t want to ask for a Subject Access Request straight away - how can i ask for feedback and mention the SAR without seeming too bothersome? Thank you :)
    Honestly I wouldn't expect much. They've sent me two generic rejection emails post AC. The first one I got after requesting feedback a few weeks ago and the second one I got today randomly 😂

Reactions: Kiru666

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.