TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Heartofglass

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2023
Anything from Paul Hastings post PHirst steps app?
I dont even know if they've filled their scheme yet. All I knew was that immediately after I submitted my app on the dl, they sent me an email saying if I have not heard back, my app was rejected. So perhaps they already sent out interviews to those applied before and filled the scheme

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240308_144135_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240308_144135_Outlook.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 74

DieHard

Star Member
Feb 14, 2024
I dont even know if they've filled their scheme yet. All I knew was that immediately after I submitted my app on the dl, they sent me an email saying if I have not heard back, my app was rejected. So perhaps they already sent out interviews to those applied before and filled the scheme
PHurst applications are not reviewed on a rolling basis. I would email back about that, 99% sure that's a glitch. Likely when they say if you have not heard back 'then', they have missed out saying 'by then' and a related date.

Unless you missed the deadline yet were still allowed to submit for some reason. Alternatively, it is possible your application was automatically screened out due to failing to meet the benchmark exam results (A levels, GCSEs, degree...?)

• Wow
Reactions: Heartofglass

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
PHurst applications are not reviewed on a rolling basis. I would email back about that, 99% sure that's a glitch. Likely when they say if you have not heard back 'then', they have missed out saying 'by then' and a related date.

Unless you missed the deadline yet were still allowed to submit for some reason. Alternatively, it is possible your application was automatically screened out due to failing to meet the benchmark exam results (A levels, GCSEs, degree...?)
Actually, the GR team has this policy of not sending rejections. If you do not hear from them, it is a rejection :(

Reactions: Sharon Wu

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.