TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

bluebell

Feb 4, 2023
I really dont get Browne Jacobson. Near the end of their online assessment, it says we would like to hear more about why you chose to apply to Browne Jacobson in your own words. So I thought it was gonna be another VI. Instead there were two 500 word questions. Why include those in the online assessment instead of the application form. So frustrating
Is this for the situational judgement assessment?

holz567

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
Please could someone give some advice on the Amberjack Assessment? This is my first one, and I am not sure what to expect or how to prepare for it. Any help is appreciated!! :)
This is very cliché advice and probably unhelpful, but I would just answer honestly and don’t overthink them.

On the first one I did, I tried to second guess what was the “right answer” and what the firm would want me to do. I ended up having poor marks on each of the pillars. The time I answered honestly and what I actually would do, I scored much better.

If you end up not getting the traits they look for, perhaps it’s just not the right fit to begin with :)

Reactions: ray_ray

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.