TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Marissa

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Jun 25, 2020
Probably not what you want to hear, but I think Mayer Brown just ghost if they’re not going to progress your application.
I did get a formal rejection in the last cycle tho but you may be right still
I received a job sim invite like 5 weeks after my SJT, so yh it does seem they just ghost you.
and when did you complete your job sim?

Chelsea1

Star Member
  • Aug 7, 2023
    Hi guys, in terms of people living outside of London for a summer internship in London:

Would it be advisable to email HR asking about whether they are able to help support with accommodation costs or should I sign the contract first, ask questions later? I think I should ask first but any thoughts/experiences?

Thank you :)

CocoChanel

Standard Member
    Aug 3, 2023
    Please tell me why Cleary communicated with me that they will consider my winter vac scheme application for their spring and summer vac schemes instead because they liked my application but ran out of winter spaces (even though they’re rolling and I sent my application a week after their apps opened), make me wait 3 months for their decision, and reject me pre-AC (pfo). What 😂 what are they cooking over there

kcr

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 21, 2022
    Please tell me why Cleary communicated with me that they will consider my winter vac scheme application for their spring and summer vac schemes instead because they liked my application but ran out of winter spaces (even though they’re rolling and I sent my application a week after their apps opened), make me wait 3 months for their decision, and reject me pre-AC (pfo). What 😂 what are they cooking over there
    This happened to me, applied late October for winter VS, got considered for summer/spring, got a PFO today!

• Sad
    Reactions: Sharon Wu

AlegalA

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 4, 2023
    has anyone heard from withers post-test for svs? it says on their website they do interviews between feb-march so assuming they have given them all out atp :(
    I haven't heard of anyone getting positive news for the summer scheme, so maybe the spring interviews were in feb/early march and summer interviews will be end of march? In which case we might hear back this week hopefully...

wawawa

Mar 1, 2024
    looking for some advice - I've just accepted a vs with a firm but have an AC next week for another but the dates of the two schemes clash.

if I were to try swap my application for the second onto direct TC route would it better to email them before the AC or do the AC, see what the outcome is and then ask to switch my application to direct TC?

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.