Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If you have been previously removed from employment due to some unforeseen circumstances and the new employer asks for previous ten years employment history. If you do not tell them will they be able to find out?
possibly - but it’s unlikely. Most employers only provide employment dates and job titles in references.

Some references may request why the employment needed in the reference details, but many employers won’t provide this detail unless it is for any kind of misconduct reasons.

Reactions: tcplease2345

tcplease2345

Valued Member
Feb 6, 2024
possibly - but it’s unlikely. Most employers only provide employment dates and job titles in references.

Some references may request why the employment needed in the reference details, but many employers won’t provide this detail unless it is for any kind of misconduct reasons.
I did not mention the employer on my CV or in any screening checks. Just pretended I never worked there. Will that be fine?

sm99

Distinguished Member
Feb 5, 2020
I did not mention the employer on my CV or in any screening checks. Just pretended I never worked there. Will that be fine?
I’ve done this before for short term jobs etc. it’s just easier so when they do ask for a reference, you can pick from the ones on your cv (most recent and most favourable). The only thing it might do is prompt a question on a gap in your cv for timing for where that job would’ve been.

I feel like you do also get to a point on your cv where you can’t list every job, just the ones that are the most relevant.

Reactions: tcplease2345

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.