Thank you Abbie!!! Means so much! <3Huge congratulations - that is incredible news!! I hope you take some time to celebrate this amazing achievement![]()
![]()
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thank you Abbie!!! Means so much! <3Huge congratulations - that is incredible news!! I hope you take some time to celebrate this amazing achievement![]()
![]()
Did anyone attend the STB event with TCLA, and if so, would you mind sharing some of the main insights or takeaways from the event? I have only seen now that the event took place and I am pplying to STB so the insights would be super useful
Interested in hearing what other people think on this one too/their experience with it, so don't take my word as gospel - I'm basing this on my own app experience and what I've heard from recruitment teams at various firms.Hi everyone - quick question here.
Am in the process of gearing up for various VS / TC applications, and am well aware of the typical advice that you should tailor your application to each firm, in some cases by even mirroring some of the language / terminology / qualities that they adopt. Whilst I'm making sure I implement this in my various cover letters / written answers, I wanted to know if this is this still recommended even when detailing my various work experiences in the standard 'work experiences section'? As it stands, I'm providing the typical brief rundown of my experiences from my cv (including unpacking what I learned from them etc... ) but was curious if I'm potentially missing a trick here, and should be adopting the specific 'tailor-to-the-firm' approach in this section too. Appreciate this may be a silly question - thanks in advance for any tips!
Hey!Hey Abbie,
I am invited to the Open Day, however I am working that day. I have a bit more flexibility since I work freelance so I might cancel my shift. Do you reckon it would be very beneficial to participate? To add, I haven’t take part in an Open Day before, not quite sure what to expect in that regard. Would it help me improve my applications to other firms as well?
Hi!Hi everyone! I have a question regarding connecting with interviewers on LinkedIn.
I did an AC for DTC but did not get it. I was wondering if it would be acceptable to connect with the partner who interviewed me on LinkedIn. Thanks for any suggestion!
Hey!Hi everyone - quick question here.
Am in the process of gearing up for various VS / TC applications, and am well aware of the typical advice that you should tailor your application to each firm, in some cases by even mirroring some of the language / terminology / qualities that they adopt. Whilst I'm making sure I implement this in my various cover letters / written answers, I wanted to know if this is this still recommended even when detailing my various work experiences in the standard 'work experiences section'? As it stands, I'm providing the typical brief rundown of my experiences from my cv (including unpacking what I learned from them etc... ) but was curious if I'm potentially missing a trick here, and should be adopting the specific 'tailor-to-the-firm' approach in this section too. Appreciate this may be a silly question - thanks in advance for any tips!
Hi!If I’ve passed the screening stage before at firms like Macfarlanes, Reed Smith, Hogan Lovells, does it mean my grades and mitigating circumstances were received just fine, or just automatic AI filtering?
It was 3/4 SJT modules where you rank what you would do in each situation 1-5 i believe, and then also the slider questions where you put what you’re most likely to react in certain situations/ personality type. the last module is critical thinking which is essentially watson glaser.Does anyone have any insight/advice into the Macfarlane's 1st stage test?
Thank you!It was 3/4 SJT modules where you rank what you would do in each situation 1-5 i believe, and then also the slider questions where you put what you’re most likely to react in certain situations/ personality type. the last module is critical thinking which is essentially watson glaser.
Thank you so much for responding, that is very helpful!Hey!
I definitely wouldn't turn down a good job purely out of fear that it will hurt your TC applications (as it is unlikely to!). If anything, a legal recruiting role could give you some useful insight into the legal profession, law firms and the recruitment processes, and you will also be developing transferable skills that you can talk about in applications or interviews.
I would also be wary of holding out indefinitely for a paralegal role when the market is so competitive right now. If the recruiting job is at your ideal location, pays well, and gives you the flexibility to continue applying, it sounds like a pretty good option! You could always keep applying for paralegal roles alongside it if something comes up.
Ultimately, firms care much more about what you have actually done and what you have learned from it than whether your job title is "paralegal". I'd just make sure you continue getting some legal exposure where possible (e.g. open days, insight events, etc.) and use your recruiting experience to demonstrate relevant skills and commercial awareness.
Generally, having a job while reapplying is probably preferable to sitting around waiting for the ideal paralegal role. I would take the job if you like it and let the TC applications remain the priority alongside it![]()