Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
September 5th!Congrats! May I ask when you applied?
PFO just nowHas anyone heard from Sidley recently for their winter VS?
Hey, for your CV, did you provide a full breakdown of all your module grades?Finally got the rare contextual from DLA despite applying on the first day. I believe they’re being more strict in slowly screening this year, haven’t even received a test.
Hi everyone, I am an International Student with a very atypical background, wanting to qualify as a solicitor in England and Wales. I have been trying with incorrect guidance and information for the past 3 years, and I have recently started over by pursuing an LLM at King's College London after completing my conversion at a non-RG.Hi everyone!
Welcome to the TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread for the 2026-2027 application cycle.
This thread is for all discussions relating to vacation scheme applications throughout the year. Whether you are looking for advice on submitting written applications, online assessments, interviews, assessment centres, or simply want to share updates on your progress, feel free to post here!
As always, this thread is a space to ask questions, exchange insights, discuss firm processes, and support fellow applicants. The recruitment process can be both exciting and challenging, and we hope that this community continues to be a helpful resource for everyone navigating the cycle. Please remember to keep discussions respectful and constructive, and where possible, share information that may benefit other applicants.
If you want a clear way to organise your own applications, you can save firms, research them and track your progress through each stage in the free TCLA Workspace.
To assist you with your applications, we also have the Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer Vacation Scheme Deadlines 2026-27 thread, and the Open Day and Insight Scheme Deadlines 2026-27 thread.
Finally, last year's thread can be found here: TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26.
Wishing the best of luck to everyone applying this year! We look forward to following your journeys and celebrating your successes along the way
Abbie
I was on DLA’s waitlist last year with only two marks or so off what they required. The CV is just a standard IB/Consulting CV so it’s just your a levls broken down with your maths and science and English gcse just before. The uni bit you have your overall mark with maybe your % in brackets. Then experience, then self start and then extra key skills. Search IB CV for reference. I also attached a cover letter as I did last year very brief, I know they don’t ask but they’re my top 3 firms so I wanted to make the effortHey, for your CV, did you provide a full breakdown of all your module grades?
Yeah, that's what I meant — is the online SJT not stage 2?I think that person is just referring to online sjt lolll (we all got the sjt invite around 2 weeks ago). The online written case study doesn't happen until October (based on their website)
That’s so helpful, thank you!I was on DLA’s waitlist last year with only two marks or so off what they required. The CV is just a standard IB/Consulting CV so it’s just your a levls broken down with your maths and science and English gcse just before. The uni bit you have your overall mark with maybe your % in brackets. Then experience, then self start and then extra key skills. Search IB CV for reference. I also attached a cover letter as I did last year very brief, I know they don’t ask but they’re my top 3 firms so I wanted to make the effort