Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
it's untimed, and you have to drag your mouse to different corners of your screen to select your answer to the question. hope that helps!hey guys, i know everyone's asking but i just got the DLA online test email and was wondering what the test actually entails? i am a bit concerned about what ive seen about it thus far as i have dyspraxia and am worried that might adversely impact me.
Yikesss did I just show how progression deprived I amIn the legal cheek law fair they kind of made it sound like its automatic (and optional)
Yes, I could do that for HLC VI if you like.Does anyone have insights into Macfarlanes stage 2 (VI stage?) I can give insights into HLC VI, Mayer Brown VI, Clyde & Co test, and the Freshfields first stage test.
I believe it’s a virtual case study!Does anyone know what the next stage is after the Neurosight test for DLA? Is it a video interview?
May I ask whether the Freshfields pfo was post stage 1 or 2?Does anyone have actionable advice on how to consistently pass SJTs?
I’m fine with Watson Glaser's because they can be learned, but the behavioural sections are where I struggle. I got a pfo from Freshfields today telling me to check my skills report, even though my top skills seem to align with what they’re looking for in trainees.
From my experience the process feels like random filtering. I passed one last cycle by spam clicking through it, but every time I answer following common advice (answer in line with firm values + what is expected of a trainee) I seem to fail.
I find this frustrating because it feels like borderline random filtering, where you’re expected to meet a hidden arbitrary threshold to pass. If anyone has any tips on how to systematically improve and pass this section, I’d really appreciate it.
Just got an invite email - for the virtual open day.has anyone heard back from winston taylor for the open day?
Sorry to hear abt the pfoDoes anyone have actionable advice on how to consistently pass SJTs?
I’m fine with Watson Glaser's because they can be learned, but the behavioural sections are where I struggle. I got a pfo from Freshfields today telling me to check my skills report, even though my top skills seem to align with what they’re looking for in trainees.
From my experience the process feels like random filtering. I passed one last cycle by spam clicking through it, but every time I answer following common advice (answer in line with firm values + what is expected of a trainee) I seem to fail.
I find this frustrating because it feels like borderline random filtering, where you’re expected to meet a hidden arbitrary threshold to pass. If anyone has any tips on how to systematically improve and pass this section, I’d really appreciate it.
Really helpful - thanks!Sorry to hear abt the pfo. I'm deffo no expert but I think the sjt's are one of my strengths. For the SJT questions where you have to rank which you would be most/ least likely to do, the hack I always use is this:
your 'most likely' answer usually contains proactive/ enthusiastic language like: "You enjoy proofreading...". the key word here is enjoy bc it's overly positive so it's going to be #1. the second best answer is often something similar but less positive in phrasing.
the middle answer is often passive but not too bad like: "you'll ask a supervisor for help" or "you'll do the work (but not with much excitement)"
the worst option is always either the answer that is the most unenthusiastic or has more cons than pros like: "you dislike proofreading so ask someone else on the team to do it" or "you decide not to go to an optional session to learn more"
also: even if you feel that in the scenario you'd be able to do the work independently, the best options are always the ones that promote teamwork/ voicing your opinion/ asking others for help.
i have more for the slider questions but I hope that helps! Again, no expert