TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

Does anyone have tips for Aspiring Solicitors Commercial awareness contest? (Quarter final)
If helpful, Abbie shared a detailed preparation post in response to this question last October. It covers explaining commercial concepts, analysing articles and working in a group. Her examples come from BIUCAC, so these are general competition tips rather than a guide to this year's AS format.
 
On the B&B application, it asks about legal events attended - I got their open day, but it's not until the end of October, and I know B&B is very much a rolling firm, so I was wondering if I could put the event down before I've been to it? you dont have to describe the event just the name and date.
 
TCLAWorkspace
TCLA Workspace
Prepare for each firm, in one place.Firm research, practice tests and application tracking.
Explore Workspace →
TCLAWorkspace
TCLA Workspace
Prepare for each firm, in one place.Firm research, practice tests and application tracking.
Explore Workspace →

Find member