Congratulations!! That's wonderful news, I'm so happy for you!
I'm not sure whether their AC stays exactly the same year to year, so if you have any specific questions about the process,
I would recommend contacting Grad Rec directly, as they'll be able to give you the most accurate information.
In terms of general advice from my own experience of ACs:
For group exercises where you have 'prep time' to work on a task:
I would definitely recommend
bringing your phone so you can keep track of how much time has passed! You might want to also
be conscious of how you are delegating time: e.g. take some time to read over instructions, talk together as a group, recap, etc.
If you are being assessed by someone - don't be intimidated! My assessors were
very supportive and
helpful! When one groupmate accidentally spoke over another, they stepped in to make sure everyone was on the same page. They also gave 1-2 suggestions, just to keep us on the right track. For the most part though, they let you do your work (though they do listen to you actively).
I had a few moments during group exes where I felt awkward, worried I wasn't saying enough, didn't fully understand what another candidate meant, and that is okay! Because it's an assessment, it's natural to feel a little weird. Your assessors understand that you're nervous and don't expect everything you say to be polished and perfect. Just
listen to your teammates, don't be afraid to ask for clarification, and be kind to others and yourself! You want to participate and contribute ideas, but you don't need to be aggressive or loud or overly formal.
For public speaking exercises:
Try to speak clearly and slowly. I know it can feel nerve-wracking talking in front of others, but everyone feels stressed - it is normal! If this is something you struggle with,
you can practice by summarising random news stories or
Googling debate prompts and
arguing in favour / against the proposition on the spot, without using external research / a script, timing yourself for 3 mins. You can
record / video to see if there is anything you should work on.
Be kind. If you are in a debate / discussion setting, there is no reason to get aggressive and start attacking another candidate. You are all in the same boat!
Structure. I like to
signpost when I'm talking, so the listeners know where I'm going, and so I can ensure I am staying on track with time + content. So, if I'm doing a presentation, I might say:
My name is x and I am the [role]. My team will be presenting on [summary of main point]. We have divided our presentation into the following points: firstly... secondly... thirdly. Y [team member name] will be our [role] and will be explaining our first point. Z [team member name] will be our [role] and will be explaining our second point... I will now hand over to Y to x.
If you are in a debate / discussion setting, and you want to
rebut / you disagree with another candidate,
be professional. You're not attacking the person - you are attacking their points. Everyone is feeling nervous and it might be someone's first AC or first time public speaking, so even if you don't agree with their argument,
be patient and understanding. The force of your rebuttal lies in your logic,
not in being imposing or
putting anyone down. In debates, I like to start with:
Thank you, X, for your points. To summarise what I understood from your argument, ... [summary of their side]. While I agree that / While this may be true in x situation, I argue that / This does not apply to / We should consider...
Content. Definitely
keep up with current affairs! It can be helpful as background knowledge, and to bring in topical and relevant news stories. I would recommend the
FT Daily News Briefing and
FT articles.
For case study interviews:
Be prepared for anything (litigation, M&A, financing, etc.)
Stay calm. It's okay to get things wrong. I got a lot of things wrong at ACs. My interviewers were usually very patient and helped guide me to the right place. The main thing is to
acknowledge when you are mistaken, take a breath / sip of water if you need to, and try again from a different perspective / with your interviewer's advice. It's
okay to say if you're not sure / ask clarifying questions, or if you
need a minute to consult the background materials again (just say so).
In terms of
technicals, I would recommend the materials I listed in my intro post:
https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....s-discussion-thread-2026-27.10658/post-262902
I hope that is helpful, and best of luck on your AC!