Vac Scheme Accommodation

law1234

• Nov 7, 2020
    Hi guys!

I'm sure this comes up every year but...

Does anyone have any advice regarding London accommodation for summer vac schemes? I live miles away so will need to move to the city and I am keen to find somewhere around the 300/350 p/w mark if possible! I've been looking at London uni rooms, but there don't seem to be many going atm and they're all slightly out of my price range.

I'd really appreciate any tips!!

Reactions: Dib31

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi guys!

I'm sure this comes up every year but...

Does anyone have any advice regarding London accommodation for summer vac schemes? I live miles away so will need to move to the city and I am keen to find somewhere around the 300/350 p/w mark if possible! I've been looking at London uni rooms, but there don't seem to be many going atm and they're all slightly out of my price range.

I'd really appreciate any tips!!
    Try universities just outside of the City - Eg University of West London or the campuses at Stratford, Kingston or Roehampton, or London South Bank campus in Croydon.

This website might also be useful: https://www.londonnest.com/short-term-student-accommodation/

Reactions: law1234

Arran

Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 5, 2021
    Hey,

I struggled with this last year too. In case it's useful I eventually settled on this place: https://aa4s.co.uk/summer-accommodation/. It's £210 per week, it's not particularly glamorous but everyone I met there was nice and I couldn't find a more affordable option in London. The bed, kitchen etc was really basic but I was happy with it for the price, and I didn't really mind too much because I spent most of my time out. It's actually kind of funny because it turned out that I booked a room a few doors down from someone else on the same vacation scheme (so they must have had the same mindset as me). One downside is there is no tube station nearby; I mostly relied on buses. There are probably better options though if you were willing to pay a bit more for a better location, or more comfortable accommodation, but if keeping costs low is a priority this might suit.

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.