Vacation scheme application - Writing about a case

W5690

Nov 4, 2019
Hello,

Could you please let me know where, obviously apart from law firms' websites, I could find information about cases law firms have been involved in (legal press, etc) or should I focus on law firms' websites exclusively? I am asking about this as there is a question within an application for a vacation scheme that requires applicants to write about a case X (law firm) has been involved in, and to address why that case is of interest to applicants. I understand that I should choose a case I am genuinely interested in, but I am new to such an application and I am pretty lost. Therefore, I would be truly grateful for any advice/guidance on how to tackle that question.

Also, I was wondering whether recent cases might be more 'appropriate' than older ones - what are your thoughts on this?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shafique

AlexJ

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 23, 2022
    Recent cases are better. The news/ articles section of the website is the best place to start, but legal500/ Chambers will have a list of notable cases / deals that the firm chooses to highlight, although some of these can be older.

The most important part is to explain WHY you found it interesting, what particularly was it about that case, and why do you relate to it.

W5690

Nov 4, 2019
    Recent cases are better. The news/ articles section of the website is the best place to start, but legal500/ Chambers will have a list of notable cases / deals that the firm chooses to highlight, although some of these can be older.

The most important part is to explain WHY you found it interesting, what particularly was it about that case, and why do you relate to it.

@AlexJ That is very helpful, many thanks!

• 🏆
    Reactions: AlexJ

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.