White & Case First Year Insight Scheme

tomofsiobhans

• Jan 25, 2024
    Hi everyone!

I'm looking for someone who successfully got onto the White & Case First Year Insight Scheme who would be willing to offer me some advice. I've done their UK Commercial Law Forage and really enjoyed the project financing tasks, but have had no further contact with the firm and am looking to gain further understanding of what the firm takes pride in, their USPs as well as the application process overall.

Do reach out if you would be able to help me! Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a good week ahead :)

Shahana

Administrator
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 12, 2023
    Hi @tomofsiobhans !

I hope your application prep is going well! Although I haven't done the first year scheme at White & Case myself, here is my advice on how you can find more information on the firm - particularly on what sets them apart and the application process.

For the application process, I think the most accurate source is usually the company's website. It takes a bit of digging to find the page where they outline all of their application processes, so let me link it here for you! [https://www.whitecase.com/careers/locations/uk/students/how-apply/our-assessment-process]. It appears it is just the online application stage for their First Year Scheme.

As for finding out about what the firm is proud of and their USPs, here are the sources I have found most useful in the past:
    • You've likely already looked here, but the firm's website is a great starting point. In particular, I'd look into what they highlight on their insights, resources and region specific pages. White & Case's Western Europe page highlights some relevant recent news, insights and awards [https://www.whitecase.com/law/regions/western-europe].
    • Personally I find LinkedIn to be one of the most useful tools in firm research! Look up the firm's page, as well as those of the graduate recruiters and recruitment partners. Companies and people post the things they are most proud of on their LinkedIn, so this is a great place to look.
    • Speak to people at the firm. You'll be surprised how many current and future trainees are willing to help those going through the applications process, even if you just cold message them on LinkedIn. Keep an eye out for any events the firm might be attending, or ask your university's law society if there might be any alumni at the firm that they can put you in touch with.
    I hope this helps! Good luck with your First Year Scheme applications 🤞🏼

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.