Walker Morris Application

Gunner07

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 12, 2018
I am currently working on the Walker Morris application. I'm just a little unsure about how to approach the below question:

Tell us the achievement you are most proud of and why.

I was planning on writing about how I secured two internships abroad through my own initiative while being on a family trip as I was curious to know more about the commercial law in that jurisdiction. I'm not sure if this can be classified as an achievement but is definitely something that makes me proud.

Would appreciate some thoughts on this :)

sc1999

Standard Member
Dec 22, 2019
I answered this same question for a different application (Kirkland & Ellis) and at the Open Day they said you don't need to try and link this question to law or something commercial and it is genuinely just for them to get to know you more as a person and see what makes you tick. Of course Walker Morris is a completely different firm so might want a different approach, but I would say your example is definitely an achievement and if you can show it makes you proud through your application go for it!

In my own answer I spoke about playing hockey. :)

Gunner07

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 12, 2018
I answered this same question for a different application (Kirkland & Ellis) and at the Open Day they said you don't need to try and link this question to law or something commercial and it is genuinely just for them to get to know you more as a person and see what makes you tick. Of course Walker Morris is a completely different firm so might want a different approach, but I would say your example is definitely an achievement and if you can show it makes you proud through your application go for it!

In my own answer I spoke about playing hockey. :)

Thanks sa1999 thats really helpful! :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I am currently working on the Walker Morris application. I'm just a little unsure about how to approach the below question:

Tell us the achievement you are most proud of and why.

I was planning on writing about how I secured two internships abroad through my own initiative while being on a family trip as I was curious to know more about the commercial law in that jurisdiction. I'm not sure if this can be classified as an achievement but is definitely something that makes me proud.

Would appreciate some thoughts on this :)

honestly - I think you have a better example.

plus, this evidence/example will be elsewhere on your application anyway.

but if you truly think this is your proudest achievement (and not the example you think will impress your reader the most), then use it

Reactions: Gunner07

Gunner07

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 12, 2018
honestly - I think you have a better example.

plus, this evidence/example will be elsewhere on your application anyway.

but if you truly think this is your proudest achievement (and not the example you think will impress your reader the most), then use it

Thanks Jessica really appreciate this help! Best to choose another example :)

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
I used an example which was heavy on the "action" and "result" of the STAR approach, but also gave me the opportunity to bring key strengths and competencies into it.

I think every answer is going to be unique, it just depends on how you write about it.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.