How to talk about a Private Cleint work done by a law firm in an application when the names of the client, figures and other data aren't revealed?

Dec 31, 2023
I am struggling to talk about a private client work a law firm did because there isn't much details about it, they only talk about the nature of the work e.g X firm advised a Internationally mobile family from India who lived in Dubai in a multi-jurisdictional succession planning. I do have points I can say about the firms strength on this but I'm worried that what I'm going to say will sound speculative.Can someone let me know how to go about writing about my interest in Private Client work or if I should even mention the recent work?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I am struggling to talk about a private client work a law firm did because there isn't much details about it, they only talk about the nature of the work e.g X firm advised a Internationally mobile family from India who lived in Dubai in a multi-jurisdictional succession planning. I do have points I can say about the firms strength on this but I'm worried that what I'm going to say will sound speculative.Can someone let me know how to go about writing about my interest in Private Client work or if I should even mention the recent work?
I wouldn't necessarily need you to go into more detail than that, especially for private client work. I wouldn't worry about it seeming speculative - a whole application is technically speculative anyway. I would focus on why this type of work interests you - e.g. what does working with these type of clients interest you / why is the subject of interest or why will the processes you undertake be interesting to you.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.