Walker Morris current affairs question

Gunner07

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 12, 2018
I am currently in the process of drafting an application for Walker Morris and am a bit stuck on how to structure the answer to one of their questions:

'Tell us about a current affairs topic that you find of interest and why?'

Would it be a good idea to talk about GDPR/Data Protection. And how could I possibly structure my answer.

Would really appreciate some help!

Oliver Gilliland

Distinguished Member
Sep 6, 2018
I am currently in the process of drafting an application for Walker Morris and am a bit stuck on how to structure the answer to one of their questions:

Would it be a good idea to talk about GDPR/Data Protection. And how could I possibly structure my answer.

Is a very relevant topic but is quite generic. If you really want to stand out pick something more nice. But ultimately picking something you're genuinely interested in will come across moss convincingly.

In terms of structure it really depends on the topic. Usually would be a short introduction on the topic itself and then analysing your reasoning for being interested in the specific topic.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

If you are interested in the GDPR/data protection then go for it. There's no set way to structure it, just make sure you are answering the question.

@Hazal is a pro on this question so she may have more advice!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.