Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone!

We are looking for two contributors to write regular articles for The Corporate Law Academy. You will join a team of two and be responsible for contributing content to the Guides section of our website.

Why become a contributor?
    • Your articles will be shown to a monthly readership of over 2,600+ students, graduates, and professionals.
    • We want to help our contributors promote their writing -- your articles will include a bio, and they will be promoted across our newsletters and social media channels.
    • You will be actively involved in the development of The Corporate Law Academy. We will work closely with you help you to write your articles, whether it's developing topic ideas or providing you with recording equipment to interview lawyers.
    • If you are looking for a training contract, you will receive our personal support along the way, including application reviews and mock interviews.
    Who are we looking for?

There are two things we're looking for:
    1. Written ability: We're not prescriptive about the topics you write about provided it's relevant to commercial law. Instead, what we care about is whether you can communicate your message clearly (see Ben Staveley's article for a brilliant example of how this is done).
    2. Initiative: We want driven students who write because the prospect of sharing their work with others excites them.
    Want to apply?

Great! Please submit your answers in our Google form: https://goo.gl/forms/LmnqFlnRI1si98kY2 (requires sign-in). Alternatively, for more information, please email: [email protected]

Best,

Jaysen

Last edited:
    Reactions: aaron22 and Jaxkw

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone,

Thanks to those of you who have submitted your applications already.

Had a few questions about this. Please see below:

What is the time commitment for a writer?

A minimum of two articles per month.

What topics can I write about?
    We're flexible provided it's relevant material for aspiring commercial lawyers. You could write about anything from politics to AI to diversity within the legal profession.

How long does an article need to be?
    At least 750 words. Long-form articles are very welcome.

I'm on holiday and I can't submit writing samples. What should I do?
    We can't make any decisions until we see a writing sample. You can submit the form for now and send over your samples on your return.

I've secured a training contract already. Can I still write an article?
    Definitely.

Last edited:

Nicole

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Feb 28, 2018
    Hey guys,

Just to let you know, we will announce the four successful applicants towards the end of next week.

We are also launching something quite exciting! The successful applicants will have access to a private forum at The Corporate Law Academy, called "The Writers' Forum". They will be able to use this to get advice and feedback on their drafts, meet/chat with the other contributors, and advice on their applications.

Finally, let us know if you want to write but you aren't sure your content is relevant (it probably will be)! We've had applications from many non-law students, which is great to see!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.