What are you looking for?

Ali2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hi All

I have been asked the above question by a Partner (that I reached out to through LinkedIn), after telling him a bit about myself, he asks:

"So what are you looking for?"

And my brain has frozen - how do I answer this without being so rigid??

Thanks!!!

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi All

I have been asked the above question by a Partner (that I reached out to through LinkedIn), after telling him a bit about myself, he asks:

"So what are you looking for?"

And my brain has frozen - how do I answer this without being so rigid??

Thanks!!!
    What was your original message?

Ali2020

Esteemed Member
    Dec 11, 2019
    What was your original message?
    So basically I said that it was "great to be connected on LinkedIn and that seeing from his profile and he had a really in-depth career within the corporate industry across many great firms. It would be really great if we could meet for a coffee, depending on your schedule, to discuss your amazing journey as a partner at [FIRM]. I am a corporate paralegal and in the process of drafting my training contract applications. I would really appreciate the opportunity to hear first hand how the corporate department at [FIRM] operates and how trainees are supported in their learning and development. Thank you for your time and looking forward to hearing from you soon"

He seemed to appreciate it and then asked "tell me about yourself" , I responded, and then he asked "so what are you looking for"

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.