What business-operations based opportunities has Covid-19 created for national law firms?

Alice07

Junior Lawyer
Oct 30, 2020
I wasn't sure if I should focus on the firm having a highly rated healthcare practice and state opportunities during Covid-19 for this sector and list examples of the prominent deals they have made, or whether I should focus on technology opportunities for the way firms operate now? I'm quite stuck.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Remember the title is for national firms general rather than this firm specifically. But you can still reference the healthcare sector piece too. You could reference technology too though.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I’d also think carefully about the “business-operations” specific element of this question too. To me this suggests more about how they operate rather than market opportunities

Alice07

Junior Lawyer
Oct 30, 2020
So do you think I should not talk about the type of firm at all. Instead, should I just talk about business operations. Where could I find resources of Covid-19 business operations opportunities, as all I can see online are the negative impacts?

Last edited:

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Sorry Jessica! The question doesn't include the stuff I put in square brackets [national, big healthcare practice firm], I just put it in to give you more idea on the kind of things I was thinking of that are relevant to that firm.

The question just says: "Covid-19 has had a devastating effect on the world in 2020. That's not up for debate. There are however a few silver linings in terms of how businesses operate. What opportunities has Covid-19 created for a law firm like [firm name]?"

So do you think I should not talk about national firms, or the firm having a big healthcare practice at all. Instead, should I just talk about business operations. Where could I find resources of Covid-19 business operations opportunities, as all I can see online are the negative impacts?
The focus should be on now businesses operate and so you need to just think critically - if you were a trainee at the firm now, how might the operations and logistics of the firm changed in light of the pandemic. You don’t need to necessarily solely research this but just think analytically about how you think the way law firms run has been impacted.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.