Which law firms recruit on a rolling basis? 2018-2019

Selina

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Not sure if this is still relevant since it's been mentioned already but Shearman & Sterling's non-rolling basis can be confirmed in their Application Workshop video here: facebook.com/ShearmanandSterlingUKGraduates/videos/949588078564599.

They also confirmed this at a recent Open Day I attended, although they stated that they do start reading applications before the November 4 deadline.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Salma and Kim LD

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Not sure if this is still relevant since it's been mentioned already but Shearman & Sterling's non-rolling basis can be confirmed in their Application Workshop video here: facebook.com/ShearmanandSterlingUKGraduates/videos/949588078564599.

They also confirmed this at a recent Open Day I attended, although they stated that they do start reading applications before the November 4 deadline.

Thanks! I'm always very impressed by the quality of Shearman's graduate recruitment videos - they provide far more detail about the application process than any other firm I've seen.

Also, what they've done is very beneficial to other US law firms. They've gone very far to remove the stigma of training at a US v magic circle firm.

Reactions: Salma

Hazal

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 25, 2018
    Does anyone know about Debevoise?
    Their website and brochure say they invite applicants to the next stage around December, which suggests that they don't recruit rolling, simply because if they did then people would get those invitations at different times. Also, I've realised that almost all firms who do recruit rolling make it pretty clear, I guess so it's fair that you know that you're at a slight disadvantage if you apply late. I'd send a quick email to their grad recruitment just to be sure, though :)

• 🏆
    Reactions: Kim LD

Kim LD

Star Member
    Sep 8, 2018
    Their website and brochure say they invite applicants to the next stage around December, which suggests that they don't recruit rolling, simply because if they did then people would get those invitations at different times. Also, I've realised that almost all firms who do recruit rolling make it pretty clear, I guess so it's fair that you know that you're at a slight disadvantage if you apply late. I'd send a quick email to their grad recruitment just to be sure, though :)

Thanks Hazal, you're the best! :)

Reactions: Hazal

J Wu

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    My friend recently went to a HSF open day with Aspiring Solicitors and got told applications for their Spring/Summer schemes are non-rolling this year. I've emailed grad rec for confirmation, but I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on whether this is true?

Salma

Legendary Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    My friend recently went to a HSF open day with Aspiring Solicitors and got told applications for their Spring/Summer schemes are non-rolling this year. I've emailed grad rec for confirmation, but I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on whether this is true?

I believe the spring apps only opened this week John!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.