Which law firms recruit on a rolling basis? 2018-2019

Selina

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
FYI @Jaysen - I attended an Open Day at Mayer Brown today and Grad Rec confirmed that they do recruit on a rolling basis for Vacation Schemes.

However, for Training Contracts, they only look at the applications after they've allocated the TC-via-VS places and see how many places are left over. Since their latest Summer scheme only ends on 19th July, this works out to around or after 31st July - i.e. TC applications are not reviewed on a rolling basis.

That was a bit long-winded but I hope it makes sense!

Reactions: Eva

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    FYI @Jaysen - I attended an Open Day at Mayer Brown today and Grad Rec confirmed that they do recruit on a rolling basis for Vacation Schemes.

However, for Training Contracts, they only look at the applications after they've allocated the TC-via-VS places and see how many places are left over. Since their latest Summer scheme only ends on 19th July, this works out to around or after 31st July - i.e. TC applications are not reviewed on a rolling basis.

That was a bit long-winded but I hope it makes sense!

Thanks, I will update!

Reactions: Selina

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi Jaysen,

Do you know if its worth pursuing a training contract application to White & Case, as I've heard they mainly recruit via vacation scheme route? unfortunately missed the deadline.

If you really like the firm and you think your application profile is strong then yes. Just note Chambers says 70-80% have done a scheme at W&C, so it'll be tough to get through.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.