Work Experience Section Query

oost1234

Gold Member
Premium Member
May 22, 2022
Filling out the TW VS form and the WE section states to include three skills & how they'll be useful, as well as not going over 150 words for detailing responsibilities/nature of work.

Am I correct in assuming that I should try keep to under 250 overall, and that the 150 cap doesn't extend to the three skills as it isn't detailing the nature of work carried out?

Thanks

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Filling out the TW VS form and the WE section states to include three skills & how they'll be useful, as well as not going over 150 words for detailing responsibilities/nature of work.

Am I correct in assuming that I should try keep to under 250 overall, and that the 150 cap doesn't extend to the three skills as it isn't detailing the nature of work carried out?

Thanks
I think you may be right in your assumption but this may be best clarified with grad rec directly!

oost1234

Gold Member
Premium Member
May 22, 2022
I think you may be right in your assumption but this may be best clarified with grad rec directly!
Got a response back and they said that they think that the 150 limit covers everything, but nothing concrete. A bit stuck I can't lie because 150 is not a lot to detail what I did, skills I learned, and then how those skills would be beneficial at TW.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Got a response back and they said that they think that the 150 limit covers everything, but nothing concrete. A bit stuck I can't lie because 150 is not a lot to detail what I did, skills I learned, and then how those skills would be beneficial at TW.
In this case, I'd stick to 150 to be on the safe side! Shifting the focus to stating the skill and detailing how it'll be useful by tying it to the firm's ethos or trainee competencies may help you stick to 150. Let me know how you get on!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.