TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitty_kat

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jun 10, 2020
As I'm writing this I can't believe it. CC just called me and offered me a TC.

I don't know what else to say - I'm in disbelief.

if you have any specific questions let me know and I'll try my best but I'm really really freaking out right now.

Thank you to everyone on this site that has ever helped me with anything though.
CONGRATS!!!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

if you have any specific questions let me know and I'll try my best but I'm really really freaking out right now.

Thank you to everyone on this site that has ever helped me with anything though.
Amazing news! Congratulations

Well Done Applause GIF by Ian Wright

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

Amazing news! Congratulations

Well Done Applause GIF by Ian Wright

RoughWood

Legendary Member
Trainee
Feb 24, 2021
Does anyone know if DAC Beachcroft are rolling please? Struggling to find out from their website
I don't think so, the below is on there application page:
Following the application deadline on 31 January 2022 all applications will be reviewed and successful candidates at this stage will be invited to complete a video interview.

TCApp2021

Legendary Member
Dec 21, 2021
Hey, you aren't likely to hear from them till May as they normally deal with their summer vac schemes first. ACs are normally in August too.
Ahh really, they said at their open day (Dec) to get direct TC apps in as they were reviewing them.. also saw someone on LinkedIn say that they got a TC. Maybe that was 2023 TC then?

AlRJ

Esteemed Member
Jun 23, 2019
Ahh really, they said at their open day (Dec) to get direct TC apps in as they were reviewing them.. also saw someone on LinkedIn say that they got a TC. Maybe that was 2023 TC then?
Ah I see. They may have changed their process from last year then but I reckon that was for 2023 given they are currently recruiting for 2024/25.

Reactions: TCApp2021

grwls_

Standard Member
Dec 16, 2021

How was your interview? Was it tricky / technical??

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
@Jessica Booker @AvniD

For Hogan Lovells, for the (optional) 'other information' question, is it okay to write about why law/why HL as there isn't really a section for this?
I'd only write about things here that you haven't been able to mention about yourself anywhere else rather than the firm/law- anything unique about your background, any mitigating circumstances etc.

sibs23

Legendary Member
Jan 15, 2021
For the Dentons question about overcoming a challenge, does my example need to include an unexpected obstacle or hurdle? Would it be enough to simply explain specifically why achieving a certain goal was difficult/challenging for me? I'm unsure whether to go down the route of dealing with a problem or achieving a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.