TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc.la.vs

Esteemed Member
Mar 1, 2021
Pinsent Masons PFO. Twice. In 5 min 🥴
me too - lemon in a cut vibes xxx
Tired Mondays GIF by MOODMAN

image description - me going through application cycles with lots of enthusiasm and success

TC fiend

Legendary Member
  • Apr 27, 2021
    Pinsents PFO 🕺

also: had a laugh I’m my AC with my interviewers - now feeling this is inappropriate? Is laughing with partners ok 😭 maybe I’m overthinking it
    There is nothing wrong with laughing with a partner provided it wasn’t them awkwardly laughing at something inappropriate you said. Don’t overthink it! A lot of factors go into making these decisions - I very sincerely doubt this in any way affected your outcome.

• 🏆
    Reactions: A.Diane01 and GXA123

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi guys! I have my first ever AC with Clyde & Co next week!! I would be grateful for any tips from anyone who's done one before!

AHHHHH LINKLATERS AC!! I need links to every possible resource to help me with this 🤩

Please PM me if you have been successful at an AC or can give me some pointers.
    Congratulations y'all!!! Very well done 👏👏👏👏

Linking some posts here and here to help with your preparation!

• 🏆
    Reactions: Desk Chair

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    You have been such a bright spot on the forum- helpful, insightful and so supportive.

I genuinely feel so joyful seeing you flourish!! Wishing you the very best @Rob93! 👏👏👏
    Just wanted to share for all my long-suffering grads and soon-to-be grads out there that I've just bagged my first private practice paralegal gig at the premier department of an American firm, following a lengthy stint of hard graft in-house. I'm over the moon.

Separately, for grad opps, has been my best cycle to date - on hold after one VI and still hopeful on two apps - and the future looks ever brighter, even if this cycle is a wash.

I'll be 29 this year and still cracking on, because I realised while working other jobs in my early-mid 20s this is what I want to do.

It's an absolute slog at times, and I don't want to diminish that. But the practice of law is a marathon, not a sprint. Stay true to yourself and know what you want and why you want it, and you'll get there.

Wagmi.

Reactions: Sfernan21

Samir_O

Legendary Member
    Oct 5, 2021
    sorry about this LawfulRust. I think another user in this thread got the same email today

Did you just hear back or earlier today? not sure if their pfos are staggered
    Sorry to hear that too. Also my pfo came through, part of the response was "We appreciate you taking the time to apply to our programme and understand that applying for roles and programmes can be very time consuming. We therefore encourage you to submit an application for our 2023 Summer Internship Programme, but to do so much earlier than on this occasion."

anyone got similar? wondering if this is part of their automatic response

JoeyTr

Valued Member
  • Jan 4, 2021
    Sorry to hear that too. Also my pfo came through, part of the response was "We appreciate you taking the time to apply to our programme and understand that applying for roles and programmes can be very time consuming. We therefore encourage you to submit an application for our 2023 Summer Internship Programme, but to do so much earlier than on this occasion."

just now?

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020

I didn't get this so you did well!!

am98

Jan 11, 2021

just got this response as well

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.