TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AspiringTrainee

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 22, 2021
    Anyone still waiting from Clyde & Co following VI? And waiting from Hogan Lovell post WG test? And withers following the online test? And BCLP? Pls can you let me know if you have progressed on any of these?
    For BCLP - I’ve got an VS offer. I haven’t done the other firms you’ve mentioned though.

NaimK

Valued Member
    May 6, 2019
    @Asil Ahmad just a quick question bro.

I got this in an email: "The deadline to complete this task is midnight on Thursday 10th February 2022."

Does that mean I have effectively until 23:59 on Thursday to complete it or is it by 23:59 the day before i.e. Wednesday?

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Is 3 minutes too long to speak about why you want to work at a law firm in an interview?
    You have to gauge this depending on social cues, the circumstances in which you've been asked the question and the level of detail your instinct tells you to go into.

If the question is generic, don't go into all the detail you can provide so that the interviewer has the chance to ask you follow-up questions. Similarly, if the question is specific, ensure you detail your answer carefully so that the interviewer is satisfied with your answer.

• Love
    Reactions: Asil Ahmad

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    How can a law firm improve to win more climate change/environment related work?
    There are a few ways to do this- you could invest time in lateral hiring to enhance your sector expertise, as @Asil Ahmad said you could increase and strengthen your ESG focus, you could come up with partnerships that highlight your environment+ESG focus etc.

Reactions: Asil Ahmad

tt_xo

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 20, 2020
    You have to gauge this depending on social cues, the circumstances in which you've been asked the question and the level of detail your instinct tells you to go into.

If the question is generic, don't go into all the detail you can provide so that the interviewer has the chance to ask you follow-up questions. Similarly, if the question is specific, ensure you detail your answer carefully so that the interviewer is satisfied with your answer.
    Thanks for the response! Not sure if I can gauge the social cues in this telephone interview but im going to try not to elaborate on everything.

A92167!8

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 6, 2020
    There are a few ways to do this- you could invest time in lateral hiring to enhance your sector expertise, as @Asil Ahmad said you could increase and strengthen your ESG focus, you could come up with partnerships that highlight your environment+ESG focus etc.
    Thanks! How would you say a firm can strengthen their ESG focus? And also what do you mean by partnerships? :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.