TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Don’t know if anyone can advise on this…

What are your options if the 10k maintenance grant for the GDL won’t be sufficient for you to live in London? That could just about cover rent…
I have a job offer already so was considering working along side it but don’t know if it’s realistic?
I could go home but I am not from London so may have to do the online version, which would make me v sad and lonely lol 😭
You can’t work full time and study full time. At best one of them will need to be part time and even then it will be tough going. Most people top up the GDL to an LLM and then apply for PG funding.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Anybody know what the critical reasoning test at HFW assessment centre is?

When you say as thoroughly as can be - some of the dates on mine may not be exact. Are the screening companies overly pedantic about this sort of thing?
It depends what the rationale is for them not being accurate. Sometimes they can be very pedantic about this - it really depends on your rationale though.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    I cant remember the
    It depends what the rationale is for them not being accurate. Sometimes they can be very pedantic about this - it really depends on your rationale though.
    I have been in work since the age of 16, I am now in my mid twenties. surely its pretty irrational of a firm to expect me to know the exact date I started working in a job nearly 10 years ago?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I cant remember the

I have been in work since the age of 16, I am now in my mid twenties. surely its pretty irrational of a firm to expect me to know the exact date I started working in a job nearly 10 years ago?
    They are unlikely to ask for employment from over 7 years ago.

An exact date isn’t going to be as important for casual work, as long as an approximate date is reasonable.

• Love
    Reactions: sxw517

djqb

Legendary Member
    Sep 6, 2020
    Amazing - can I ask when you applied? Since I'm still waiting to hear back for summer as well 🙏

Do you think it'd be a good idea to email GR asking for an update on the application (?), since I haven't heard anything after the general email they sent regarding them going through applications before the new year. Did you follow up with them?

HopefulForALawJob

Star Member
  • Feb 3, 2022
    Amazing - can I ask when you applied? Since I'm still waiting to hear back for summer as well 🙏

Do you think it'd be a good idea to email GR asking for an update on the application (?), since I haven't heard anything after the general email they sent regarding them going through applications before the new year. Did you follow up with them?
    Applied on the last day it was due. Personally I would not email and just wait it out, every single recruitment desk would be inundated right now and honestly I think every firm sends out VI/PFOs at random times. Doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern. Chill and WAGMI to everyone!

Reactions: djqb
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.