TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ks36

Star Member
Dec 14, 2021
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any information for the CPS Grad Scheme. Iā€™m a second year non-law student. Was just reading up on criminal law and it just sounds so interesting. Basically how does the scheme work and can I do something to benefit my application now?

anon123456789

Valued Member
  • Oct 25, 2021
    After a bit of a wild week, just wanted to say a massive congratulations to everyone on this forum for being some absolute legends.
    Things we've weathered this week include:
    - The end of the vast majority of application submissions šŸ„³
    - A hell of a lot of PFOs and rejections
    - Another week of nail-biting waiting
    It is for these reasons that everyone should be vv proud of themselves. Despite there being these moments there is always someone to friendly react or someone to offer consoling words of wisdom.

Be kind to yourselves this weekend!! And a massive congratulations to everyone who had positive news this week, all of the manifesting is paying off!

This weekend you can find me with a gin catching up on the Apprentice āœŒļø šŸ˜—

D

Deleted member 11671

So for Bristows there was a past interview question with soemthjng along the lines of ā€œIf you see opposing counsel with case files open on the train for all to see what would you doā€. Sorry if a dumb q, but I am actually completely unsure as to whether or not you should report this and to who??
    I have heard this question being discussed before and it could be the Bristows Mentoring scheme I was on actually. There's no one right answer but we talked about informing your supervisor first in line with the principles of integrity as per the SRA guidelines.

Reactions: aspiringlawyer123_

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Filled out Vero for the first time yesterday, it was wild having to account for every week of my life for the past 6 years
    Be glad it was only 6 years.... my last Vero check was 10, and 7 years of that was self-employment.... Trying to get references when you are self-employed is hilarious - one client said they had no record of me (so had to show the bank payments to say otherwise šŸ¤£ )

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    After a bit of a wild week, just wanted to say a massive congratulations to everyone on this forum for being some absolute legends.
    Things we've weathered this week include:
    - The end of the vast majority of application submissions šŸ„³
    - A hell of a lot of PFOs and rejections
    - Another week of nail-biting waiting
    It is for these reasons that everyone should be vv proud of themselves. Despite there being these moments there is always someone to friendly react or someone to offer consoling words of wisdom.

Be kind to yourselves this weekend!! And a massive congratulations to everyone who had positive news this week, all of the manifesting is paying off!

This weekend you can find me with a gin catching up on the Apprentice āœŒļø šŸ˜—
    Love this post and I need to watch the apprentice the candidates are another level this week. Just want to say being on the Apprentice is not as ner racking as been on an assessment centre.

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    Love this post and I need to watch the apprentice the candidates are another level this week. Just want to say being on the Apprentice is not as ner racking as been on an assessment centre.
    This week's episode was top notch! Definitely my favourite so far! Also there was an ex-tax lawyer on Dragons' Den if anyone wants to see whats possible if you decide to quit law :D

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    No the weird thing is that I got an email from graduate recruitmemnt whose name I know said that I got rejected post WG. I wanted to know should I start preparing for VI or should I contact gradusate recruitment. Also I know they won't reply until Monday and plus I don't want to waste 2 days doing nothing.
    Prep for the VI and call them on Monday to confirm the status of your app- if they said you're through to VI, then you will have prepped for it. If they say no, then you would've brushed up on your VI prep for future applications.

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    What do you guys think about being a little cheeky in a video interview and making a small joke? I know that firms want to see your personality in the video interview and see you relaxed rather than overly rehearsed so what are your thoughts about this? Or is too unprofessional?

@Jessica Booker
    Follow your instinct with this and at the same time err on the side of caution because you will not be able to pick up on social cues in a VI to know whether your joke will be received well or not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.