TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Thanks for the response! Not sure if I can gauge the social cues in this telephone interview but im going to try not to elaborate on everything.
    If what you're saying is substantive and adds something to your answer, then 3 minutes is fine. If you're rambling then not so much! For my interviews, I personally spoke for between 2.5-3 minutes for the 'why this firm' question - the feedback I had in mock interviews (with Aspiring Solicitors) was that they would generally advise closer to 2 minutes but as I was adding substance (and wasn't repeating myself), slightly longer was fine.

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    If what you're saying is substantive and adds something to your answer, then 3 minutes is fine. If you're rambling then not so much! For my interviews, I personally spoke for between 2.5-3 minutes for the 'why this firm' question - the feedback I had in mock interviews (with Aspiring Solicitors) was that they would generally advise closer to 2 minutes but as I was adding substance (and wasn't repeating myself), slightly longer was fine.
    I’ve got a mock interview with AS on Monday, how did you find them?

Reactions: GXA123
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.