TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2000

Nov 10, 2021
‘Considering the location in which you wish to train; tell us about a local project or development that has interested you. Explain why it is of interest and how, as a business, we could provide support.’

for a question with a 5000 character limit (around 800 words) i’m not sure if i’ll be able to get near filling the word count. Would that be detrimental?

(womble bond dickinson application)

John Travoni

Legendary Member
Jan 14, 2021
I have a small issue. I applied to Latham & Watkins direct TC and in the confirmation, it says that I’ve been assigned a behaviour test and that I should log back into the portal and complete it. But when I log back in, there’s nothing there. What do I do?

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
‘Considering the location in which you wish to train; tell us about a local project or development that has interested you. Explain why it is of interest and how, as a business, we could provide support.’

for a question with a 5000 character limit (around 800 words) i’m not sure if i’ll be able to get near filling the word count. Would that be detrimental?

(womble bond dickinson application)
I do not think so as long as you show your interest and knowledge of the firm.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Anyone know where to start when pitching a prospective client to a firm?
Some factors to consider:

- What are the firm's strengths or fast-growing practice areas?
- What industries might need more of that expertise in the jurisdictions the firm operates in?
- Are the client's major competitors already clients of the firm (if so, that might make working for them tricky in some instances)
- Apart from revenue, what other benefits could the client bring to the firm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.