TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcd100

Sep 28, 2022
anyone else's trowers app saying 'no positions applied for'? ughhhhhhh
Mine says there are not options for me to apply for as deadlines may have passed. The status of my application says completed. They're starting to annoy me now. If I'm a no I wish they would just say, so I don't keep checking my emails every half an hour...

Reactions: ellwilsen

NB1999

Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 25, 2021
    oh yeah, mine says that too. I guess it's a no. Can't even say I'm disappointed at this rate. Been expecting this for the past couple of weeks. Hope they do formally let us know though.
    Does your application have all your answers missing?? I have just checked mine, and it looks like I didn't answer the application questions, but I wouldn't have been able to move on and submit without answering them all, plus I know I did answer them because I have spent so long on it

lcd100

Sep 28, 2022
    Does your application have all your answers missing?? I have just checked mine, and it looks like I didn't answer the application questions, but I wouldn't have been able to move on and submit without answering them all, plus I know I did answer them because I have spent so long on it
    Yeah, my answers have gone too. I don't know what's happened. Oh well I guess...

lw2000

Distinguished Member
    Aug 19, 2021
    Yeah but they’ve just opened for new applications so I’m just taking it as a no

purplestar20

Sep 11, 2022
    Anyone who has already done the Freshfields AC got any advice? Particularly in relation to the analytical interview.
    HI, a bit late but for the analytical one its usually a case study and id suggest watching a few MBB case interviews as I had a business case not a legal one. My feedback was that I wasn't confident in my answers even tho they were right so focus on a self assured delivery :) best of luck

Sc924

Nov 25, 2021
    Anyone successful with travers smith know, is it a big mistake if we didn’t explicitly say we’re applying to the firm because of its PE and corporate strength in the cover letter? I implied that I’m interested through writing about work experience in venture capital and by saying this led me to be interested in the complexity of such global work
    I vaguely mentioned its corporate practice (talked about its corp governance work), FS reg and litigation - didn't mentioned PE at all and I got an interview for direct TC so I don't think it matters. As long as you explain your motivations clearly + link this to the firm you should be fine

Reactions: stone’sthrow
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.