TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

patternteddybear

Esteemed Member
Jan 4, 2023
Hi guys, can anyone suggest how to approach this question -:

What makes you particularly suited to a career at Trowers & Hamlins compared to other applicants?

Ps: the deadline is today so any quick recommendations would be appreciated.
i just discussed different attributes i have displayed and scenarios where i have demonstrated them. and then why that would distinguish me

Sachin Chandra

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2020
Has anyone had prior experience in realising that you submitted an incorrect grade > I wrote M1 instead of M2 (Pre-U). I still meet the eligibility requirements but of course it ruins the legitimacy of my app which is under consideration?

I'm accepting that it is likely to completely rule out my app from any consideration but would be great to hear of anyone that has gone through the process of trying to amend their app through grad recruitment with success.

Thanks team

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I was wondering how to answer “Who will be involved in an acquisition of a hotel?”
For this question, do you have to talk about practice areas?
Yes, I would focus on any practice areas or sector groups that might be involved in such a transaction. Also if an international transaction, then also think about the lawyers that might need to be involved across jurisdictions too.

Ghassen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 24, 2022
Hi Guys! I am currently working in the UK with my tier 2 visa, and applying to vacation schemes for spring and summer. I am wondering if I can do my vacation scheme with my tier 2 visa (I can take a break from my current job for the VS period), or firms should sponsor me again. I am confused regarding this.
@Jessica Booker Can you help me please?
Thanks.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Has anyone had prior experience in realising that you submitted an incorrect grade > I wrote M1 instead of M2 (Pre-U). I still meet the eligibility requirements but of course it ruins the legitimacy of my app which is under consideration?

I'm accepting that it is likely to completely rule out my app from any consideration but would be great to hear of anyone that has gone through the process of trying to amend their app through grad recruitment with success.

Thanks team
If you get to the next stage of the process, then update the firm to explain the mistake. This gives the firm the opportunity to consider the information before you complete the next stage.

You should try to explain how the mistake was made too.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sachin Chandra

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    Has Latham sent out 3 VI batches for now? And for the people who have received it, was it spring or summer VS?
    Hey I think it's just been 2 batches; I got the invite at the same time others' posted about theirs, but I only mentioned it now!! Mine was for spring. I bet there's more invites coming though, good luck to us all!!😂

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.