TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Advice pls! I've made a very last min application and feeling tired. I've made an embarrassing mistake by accidentally applying for an Insight Scheme (which I'm not eligible for) instead of Vacation Scheme for Osborne Clarke. My application is submitted and I've been automatically assigned the test. Would it be ok I emailed Grad Rec first thing to correct this? Not sure what else I could do.
I guess something else you'd need to consider is whether the questions are the same. I imagine they might let you change what you're applying for if they are, but if not even the most considerate firm (like OC) might not be able to. I'd say definitely email them though!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I have a deadline of midday today for a test, and I've requested reasonable adjustments. I only requested them yesterday, when I went to sit the test - usually the format of tests are ok for me, but the practice question here was particularly blurry for me. The firm came back and told me that they would ask the test provider to send me a different test, but it sounded like the deadline could not be extended. If they do not get back to me soon, should I just attempt the the test in its current format? @Jessica Booker any advice here would be appreciated.
You shouldn’t do the test really if the adjustment can not be made and you can’t read the content. You should speak to the firm to understand what they think is the best way to proceed.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
You shouldn’t do the test really if the adjustment can not be made and you can’t read the content. You should speak to the firm to understand what they think is the best way to proceed.
The firm are currently liaising with the test company. If I don't hear anything by midday, am I in the wrong to let the deadline expire and hope/expect that the firm will give me a new one? It's a hard deadline, so I do not want to lose the hours of work that I put into the application, but also I do not want to guess all of the answers because I cannot read the questions properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.