TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

axbg

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 5, 2023
Hi, if there is anyone who has got a second stage with Gibson Dunn, how long after first round interview did it take for them to tell you?
i heard the day afterwards in the morning at 9 am, they are very quick if you pass in my opinion but it really depends, some people hear after a week, but i would say not more than a week

Reactions: law2022x

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    How long does Mayer Brown take to send us the tests? I'm also wondering - the website doesn't sound as though we are screened before being sent the tests, but I haven't been sent it yet and I applied yesterday. Is it not automatic? Thank you!

Reactions: futuretrainee202X

WindowsUpdate

• Sep 28, 2022
    Could I please get some insight into answering this question @Jessica Booker : "Please provide us with more details of your achievements, scholarships, positions of responsibility, insight schemes, open days and virtual work experience opportunities, extra-curricular activities and everything else that interests you" (2,000 character limit)

I'm having a hard time fitting everything in within the small limit and choosing what to write about. I feel I can talk about 4 things well as I'm:
    - Writing in reverse chron. order
    - Using examples that have two parts i.e. Pos.of Res. where i had an achievement or Scholarships/Award that was part of an achievement.
    - Clumping open days, insight schemes and virtual experiences into one paragraph and briefly talking about what I learned (no event or firm details)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Could I please get some insight into answering this question @Jessica Booker : "Please provide us with more details of your achievements, scholarships, positions of responsibility, insight schemes, open days and virtual work experience opportunities, extra-curricular activities and everything else that interests you" (2,000 character limit)

I'm having a hard time fitting everything in within the small limit and choosing what to write about. I feel I can talk about 4 things well as I'm:
    - Writing in reverse chron. order
    - Using examples that have two parts i.e. Pos.of Res. where i had an achievement or Scholarships/Award that was part of an achievement.
    - Clumping open days, insight schemes and virtual experiences into one paragraph and briefly talking about what I learned (no event or firm details)
    I would personally suggest highlighting the specifics of the open days, insight schemes and virtual experiences you have completed. But the rest of your approach seems very sensible/logical.

Reactions: WindowsUpdate
    @Jessica Booker I was wondering if you could give some advice!
    This is my first time being invited to an AC, and it is virtual. I am unsure what to expect, as most of the information I can find relates to in person ACs.
    I am actually quite lost on what exactly am AC entails.
    Moreover, if I have already done a VI, is it expected to do another during an AC?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.