TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
@Jessica Booker I was wondering if you could give some advice!
This is my first time being invited to an AC, and it is virtual. I am unsure what to expect, as most of the information I can find relates to in person ACs.
I am actually quite lost on what exactly am AC entails.
Moreover, if I have already done a VI, is it expected to do another during an AC?
who is the AC with?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker I was wondering if you could give some advice!
This is my first time being invited to an AC, and it is virtual. I am unsure what to expect, as most of the information I can find relates to in person ACs.
I am actually quite lost on what exactly am AC entails.
Moreover, if I have already done a VI, is it expected to do another during an AC?
Which firm is this for? It is likely that there will be a fuller interview with someone live even though it is virtual.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Will do!! Thank you so much.
Once you have more details, please feel free to ask for further advice on the specific exercises. I am sure the forum will have lots of content that you can be directed to that will give you more specific advice on the assessments you will experience.

WindowsUpdate

• Sep 28, 2022
    I would personally suggest highlighting the specifics of the open days, insight schemes and virtual experiences you have completed. But the rest of your approach seems very sensible/logical.
    Thank you for the reply 😄Just a few follow up questions if you don't mind. What kind of specifics should I include? And how woudl I structure this part given there might be several events, or should I pick 2-3 and briefly say what I learned/enjoyed from each? Thank you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.