TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
Never realised how difficult/competitive WGs were until now. Emailed Hogans and they said I scored in the 33rd percentile, while I thought the test generally went decently. People must be getting insanely high scores. Quite demotivating if I'm honest.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Never realised how difficult/competitive WGs were until now. Emailed Hogans and they said I scored in the 33rd percentile, while I thought the test generally went decently. People must be getting insanely high scores. Quite demotivating if I'm honest.
It might just be that they place weighting on a certain set of questions. Just because you got the 33rd percentile with them, doesn't mean you would get a similar result with another firm that also uses the WG.

Autotunedbird

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2021
Tbh it's my biggest reflection on this application season (my first major one). It's like it's the be-all or end-all of applications. I put a lot of practice into each WG before completing them but now I feel like I should have even prepared for them way before even submitting the application cause they come automatically (for some).

Reactions: cyberjaz1116 and sxw517

Autotunedbird

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2021
Yes I know someday with 97 and got rejected. There are scores on last years forum that a poor and they got an AC. Clearly they must weight the written application and grades higher.
What would be considered poor? I was on the 9th percentile and I'm still trying to wrap my mind as to what this means (even after a previous member tried to explain it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.