Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

Distinguished Member
Jan 10, 2019
FYI, after applying last October (!!!) for a direct TC at Travers and having given up on them ages ago, got an email today inviting me to interview so yeah they are getting back to ppl now
Congrats Joe!! But oh my... getting back to you after almost a year is really something... Good luck with the interview!

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have been a bit absent on here of late and that is because I was unsuccessful with Latham after my VS with them and it was a crushing disappointment in all honesty, as I am sure you guys can imagine. But, everything happens for a reason and I have taken my time to be upset and pick myself back up. This does mean I am reapplying this year (today was my first proper delve into researching events etc) and I will be more involved with the platform this coming year!

I also just wanted to say I spoke with A&O's grad rec team today and for those applying for direct TC's they said not to worry about applying really really early. I was concerned as I have not met the firm yet and wanted to wait for my uni law fair and an insight evening with them before I apply. It seemed to me that a late October/early November app would be ok. Just thought I would share as I appreciate the timing dilemma! They are rolling though and said that December apps would be considered late so just keep that in mind, I would say October would be good timing :)

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have been a bit absent on here of late and that is because I was unsuccessful with Latham after my VS with them and it was a crushing disappointment in all honesty, as I am sure you guys can imagine. But, everything happens for a reason and I have taken my time to be upset and pick myself back up. This does mean I am reapplying this year (today was my first proper delve into researching events etc) and I will be more involved with the platform this coming year!

I also just wanted to say I spoke with A&O's grad rec team today and for those applying for direct TC's they said not to worry about applying really really early. I was concerned as I have not met the firm yet and wanted to wait for my uni law fair and an insight evening with them before I apply. It seemed to me that a late October/early November app would be ok. Just thought I would share as I appreciate the timing dilemma! They are rolling though and said that December apps would be considered late so just keep that in mind, I would say October would be good timing :)
Great to hear from you again Alice. Desperately sorry and understand your pain. Do you know when the insight evening is - I cannot locate it?

• 🤝
Reactions: Daniel Boden and Alice G

Abstruser

Legendary Member
Trainee
Jul 19, 2018
Hi everyone,

So brave and honest of you to share this Alice! I am confident greater things are coming your way. :)

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Hi everyone,

Onwards and upwards!

Reactions: Alice G

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone,

I've no doubt you'll secure a training contract soon as you're such a capable candidate, thanks for being so honest!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Thank you all so much you really are so kind! And everything happens for a reason! :)

@Helena I am going to one at my old university and i think it's called 'Get to Know A&O' but maybe it would be worth emailing grad rec and seeing if they would consider letting you do any of the evening events somewhere else if your uni is not easy to get to?

Reactions: Helena

Roland

Distinguished Member
    Jan 10, 2019
    Seeing some rejections for Mayer Brown on other sites, has anyone else heard back? I am still in the dark.
    I sent them a follow up email two weeks ago and no news yet still. When did you do your online tests? I did them in mid August. Are you still waiting to hear back since the tests?

lexiak

Star Member
    Jul 9, 2019
    Hi! I have a Mayer Brown telephone interview coming up. Does anyone have any insight as to what questions they ask? I am nervous about what might come. Thank you in advance.

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Has anyone heard back from HSF winter scheme.

Just received email i passed online test but didnt do one...

I have not heard anything from them. I submitted my application on Monday and I haven't even been sent the link to the test yet, which I thought was supposed to be an automatic step. I have emailed but no response yet. Once it reaches a week I will email again.

AMLaw

Standard Member
    Jul 25, 2019
    Has anyone heard back from HSF winter scheme.

Just received email i passed online test but didnt do one...

The same happened to me on Tuesday! I emailed them and they said they would look into it, then yesterday I got an e-mail that said:

'Hello,

Please be advised that we are currently working to solve a technical issue affecting our online testing platform. Once fixed by our service provider, you will receive an email inviting you to take the test. This will not affect the time you have in which to complete the test once sent.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

The Graduate Recruitment Team'

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.