Status
Not open for further replies.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    does freshfields have written test ??
    Not so much of a written test, but checking for spelling mistakes, ambiguities and such. Then redrafting a section of text. It's not particularly hard, I just stupidly misunderstood the brief. If you have it coming up drop me a message, happy to help.

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Haven't heard a peep from Sidley, is anyone in the same boat..? I applied for summer VS on 03/01 and haven't received a PFO or a next steps email.

Autotunedbird

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 15, 2021
    Just virtual interviews but no ACs yet! hbu?

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Just WG/SGT - been my biggest enemy fr

• 🤝
    Reactions: CorporateCrocodile

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    does anyone know when Dentons gets back to you after the Vi and test . I’m literally refreshing my emails every second hoping for an AC invite 😂
    I love this forum but I cannot tell you how many times my heart has dropped receiving email notifications for it while expecting it to be a firm😂

NbyN

Standard Member
    Oct 20, 2022
    Hypothetically, is it often possible to switch between spring/summer vacation schemes if you end up having a clash? (I'm not in this quite fortunate position haha, just wondering as the places I am progressing with have vacs at the same time - and some have alternate schemes).
    I’ve managed to move from a winter scheme to a summer scheme this application cycle so I would say it never hurts to ask!

• Love
    Reactions: lik0401

Abgaal

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    May 24, 2019
    Has anyone heard back from Morgan Lewis, I know I have seen couple rejections and Telephone interview invites... I still haven't heard back and I am tired lol

anon_law23

Standard Member
    Feb 8, 2023
    Hi guys, I am hoping to get some advice on how suitable of a candidate I am for a corporate or commercial TC/VS. I graduated from King's with a high 2.1 in a non-law degree in 2020 and took a year out. I then studied the GDL at BPP (achieved a high merit) and I am now completing the LPC. I have been active in a number of societies but have very minimal/no work experience. I have also never completed a VS (but I do intend to paralegal for a bit after graduating from the LPC). I have been putting off VS and direct TC applications for the last two years because of 1) fear, 2) thinking I don't have what it takes to get an offer and 3) not having enough work experience to pad out my applications.

I was just wondering if anyone could let me know what they think I can aim for as my imposter syndrome is getting the better of me. Are my prospects pretty good - could I aim for a lot of firms (i.e. American, Magic Circle, International, Silver Circle) or are some too far out of reach?

Also if anyone has a TC or has completed a VS with a similar background to me then it would be great to know your experience with applications:)

Reactions: Autotunedbird
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.