TCLA's Crash Course - We're running our first event!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    As you may have already seen via LinkedIn/email:

We’re running our first event, an intensive one-day training session to help you guys secure training contracts.

It’s not just us who will be teaching. We’ve brought together some super talented people across the profession to teach you about mergers and acquisitions, legal technology and how the City works.

We’ll also share our best advice for writing applications that stand out, give you access to detailed checklists on current commercial topics and provide one-to-one application feedback.

Ultimately, we hope the event will help you become an exceptional candidate.

It’s on Saturday 9 November 2019 in Central London.

As it’s a training session, tickets are very limited – so if you can’t make this crash course, we hope to invite you to the next.

We’re keen for this event to be open to all aspiring lawyers, which is why we’re also happy to launch the TCLA Scholarship Fund.

You can check out more details on the events page: https://events.thecorporatelawacademy.com/

SJamal

Star Member
    Nov 18, 2018
    Jaysen,

I’ve brought a ticket to the crash course at £75.00 (as I’m an premium member). However, I have subsequently been offered an Training Contract by a City Law Firm and thus I don’t feel the need to attend anymore. Therefore, would it be possible to get my many back?

This would then allow someone who needs a training contract the opportunity to attend.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Sajeed

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Jaysen,

I’ve brought a ticket to the crash course at £75.00 (as I’m an premium member). However, I have subsequently been offered an Training Contract by a City Law Firm and thus I don’t feel the need to attend anymore. Therefore, would it be possible to get my many back?

This would then allow someone who needs a training contract the opportunity to attend.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Sajeed
    No problem Sajeed, I will refund you now.

SJamal

Star Member
    Nov 18, 2018
    Thanks Jaysen,

Next time I’m in London. We’re going for a celebratory coffee. No excuses!
    And congratulations on the TC!

Jaysen,

At some stage I want to go on the trainee podcast. I’ve been through 8 application cycles (I graduated in 2009) (yes 2009 you read that correct) with a number of assessment days, vacation schemes and interviews at numerous firms up and down the country! The journey has been really long and arduous but I’ve got there in the end at my dream firm. Therefore, knowing what I’ve been through, I want to share my story (and my mistakes) with other aspiring lawyers.

However, I know you will most likely have a list of podcaster so let me know? When and where?

Regards

Sajeed

• 🏆
    Reactions: Alice G and Helena

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Jaysen,

At some stage I want to go on the trainee podcast. I’ve been through 8 application cycles (I graduated in 2009) (yes 2009 you read that correct) with a number of assessment days, vacation schemes and interviews at numerous firms up and down the country! The journey has been really long and arduous but I’ve got there in the end at my dream firm. Therefore, knowing what I’ve been through, I want to share my story (and my mistakes) with other aspiring lawyers.

However, I know you will most likely have a list of podcaster so let me know? When and where?

Regards

Sajeed
    Please do Sajeed - your tenacity is nothing short of admirable! And sincere congratulations to you.

Reactions: Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Jaysen,

Regards

Sajeed

Fantastic, that's very impressive. We'd love to hear your story.

Could you please fill out this form and I'll get back to you with further details: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...s6EDRuUvxtBeMIx4YRU1U0pg/viewform?usp=sf_link.

Best,

Jaysen

SJamal

Star Member
    Nov 18, 2018
    Please do Sajeed - your tenacity is nothing short of admirable! And sincere congratulations to you.
    Helena,

Thank you so much. I’m planning to post my story on the forum soon as well. Hopefully, it inspires and helps other aspiring lawyers. I know that it really helped me reading about other people’s success stories and achievements, especially when I received that dreaded rejection countless times or I just felt low from the entire process or just lost confidence.

On a side note - I’ve benefited a lot from your posts and advice on the forum over the last months. I’m very grateful.

Kindest Regards,

Sajeed

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Just a heads up guys - we're about to sell out (2 tickets left).

Why come?

- Learn from the commercial awareness man himself Christopher Stoakes, together with his partner-in-crime, former Freshfields' partner Ben Staveley
    - Accelerate your understanding of M&A from former Latham corporate partner and now University of Cambridge lecturer in corporate law Bobby Reddy
    - Fast-track your knowledge of legal technology with Lead Innovation & Technology Solutions Attorney Alistair Wye
    - Learn to write applications that stand out by TCLA
    - Get individual application feedback from former graduate recruiter Jessica Booker
    - Learn how to think outside the box in your applications with Simpson Thacher associate Luke Murphy

https://events.thecorporatelawacademy.com/

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.