TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
Does Freshfields follow a cut-off percentage for the WG? Or is it a percentile-based shortlist? And how many people usually get through the WG stage? Sorry, my first time in this whole TC business!
No
Yes
They compare you with other people and view applications holistically so there is no definite number

Reactions: advvpr

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi! Does anyone know how Freshfields' application process works? As they consider the Watson Glaser and application score together, and send multiple batches of WG - does receiving a WG invite in an earlier batch mean a higher application score, and possibly a lower WG threshold? #overthinkingmax 🙃
I don’t think you could draw that conclusion.

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
Yes, gave the test today! Was just confused as I genuinely don't think my application was exceptional, in comparison to some of the other much better ones I've submitted (and gotten rejections for lol)
Haha thanks! I received the invite on 15th - so the first batch only, I guess
Ohhh so you meant you did the test today? And received the invite on Wed haha?

Cambam15

Feb 4, 2023
Does anybody know what the chances are of converting a Clyde & Co vac scheme to a TC offer? Or how many they have on vac scheme compared to how many training contracts they offer? Thanks!
I think the chances are really high - got to know from a past trainee. The firm doesn’t foster the spirit of competition amongst the vac schemers and future trainees so there isn’t much competition.

Reactions: LO

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is it worth doing TC applications in the penultimate year of a Law degree? Would app be much different from vac schemes?

I am undecided about whether to apply for direct TCs yet
Plenty of people do apply as penultimate year undergrads, however, at the same time plenty of people wait too. Don’t feel you have to apply this summer, but at the same time if you feel you can put in a strong application, there is no reason why you shouldn’t.

Reactions: Logan1101

elliehuck

Jan 18, 2023
Being in my third year of my law degree, I have applied for vac schemes, and have one whilst being in the process for another. Is it okay to also apply to direct TC’s? Will they look at me negatively if I did not apply for their vac scheme? Especially Shoosmiths and Addelshaw Goddard. Thanks

HLL

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2021
Still haven't heard from FF. A mate said he received an email saying they would get back to us by end of Feb, I didn't receive that email now I'm paranoid as to whether my app went through at all...

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
Still haven't heard from FF. A mate said he received an email saying they would get back to us by end of Feb, I didn't receive that email now I'm paranoid as to whether my app went through at all...
Someone in the thread said they checked their portal and see their application's status as 'completed' and inactive. Maybe you can take a look at your portal as well?

• 🤝
Reactions: HLL
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.