TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Law Student

Distinguished Member
Dec 20, 2022
@Jessica Booker I would really appreciate it if you have any thoughts on this.
I did an AC with a partner and sonior associate interview (CV blind). On the day after I was offered the VS. A couple days after the interview, the senior associate reached out to me (no idea how they got my email) and encouraged me to accept the offer saying the interview has been one of the strongest they have seen. The offered to have a call with me as well.
Do you think this means anything or do they tend to do it to people?
Congrats! Do you have any tips for interviews? You are clearly very good at them

Bubbles

Legendary Member
Jan 19, 2022
Just submitted an application for Browne Jacobson and the email says the following:
"If over the next few weeks you don't hear from us again, then regrettably we will not be taking your application forward on this occasion."
How much time is 'next few weeks'? 2-3?

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
Hi all,

I would value some advice. I have an AC coming up in 2 weeks, I’ve done AC’s before so I have prepared the typical type of questions that appear aswell as more firm-specific ones.

However, when I use resources from TCLA or even commercial law academy such as ‘120/200 questions to prepare for law firm interviews’ for example - I find them really overwhelming. It always feels like there’s another question to prepare for/ a question I’ve missed out. It naturally makes you lose confidence.

Does anyone have similar thoughts/ know how to avoid feeling this way?

Ali A

Legendary Member
  • Feb 28, 2022
    Hi all,

I would value some advice. I have an AC coming up in 2 weeks, I’ve done AC’s before so I have prepared the typical type of questions that appear aswell as more firm-specific ones.

However, when I use resources from TCLA or even commercial law academy such as ‘120/200 questions to prepare for law firm interviews’ for example - I find them really overwhelming. It always feels like there’s another question to prepare for/ a question I’ve missed out. It naturally makes you lose confidence.

Does anyone have similar thoughts/ know how to avoid feeling this way?
    The truth is you can't prepare every question. Having prepared the most basic popular and easy ones to predict is enough alongside great knowledge of the firm.

I think it is like this deliberately. They want to see who can adapt on the spot and still answer well whilst keeping it conversational etc. They don't want robots who are clearly answering from a script they memorised. Be genuine and let things be and I am sure you will feel better and more confident!

Ali A

Legendary Member
  • Feb 28, 2022
    How long is it between White and Case's VI and AC invite? And how many batches have been sent already for summer?
    I still haven't completed the VI and currently stressing out lol
    It is hard to work out!

As a general guess from me on recent trends I would say it has taken anywhere between 2 and a half weeks as a minimum to a maximum of 4 weeks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.