TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ

Distinguished Member
Oct 17, 2022
@Jessica Booker I was wondering if it is good form/expected to reply to the email from grad rec about moving on to the VI stage. I want to send a thank you email but also don't want to clog up their inbox unnecessarily...
I'm obviously not Jessica but I would say don't bother, especially not just for a VI invite. It's not going to benefit you and I doubt they would ever respond to it.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker I was wondering if it is good form/expected to reply to the email from grad rec about moving on to the VI stage. I want to send a thank you email but also don't want to clog up their inbox unnecessarily...
You don't have to do this - plenty of people do (and it is not an issue if you choose to do this), but in all honesty it doesn't mean much to them at this stage..

Reactions: SS21 and newtothis

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    White & Case AC invite!! Please respond or DM if you have any tips for the interview and written exercise!

W&C has always been my top choice firm, so I'm very glad this has worked out! Especially since I was so close to giving up this application cycle because of how mentally exhausting it's been. So I would love to get any tips possible to convert this interview into a VS🤞

wannabelawyer99

Standard Member
    Feb 24, 2023
    Same here heard nothing... I'm going to email them because there's still 2 rounds left to do and people have already been given vac scheme places so i assume they're delayed in giving us the rejection or keeping us on the sidelines just in case people drop out idk
    Hi there! I didn't realise places have already been offered but I think someone posted on here last week that they emailed Mishcon, and the firm said they were going through the last of the VI's and they'll respond by end of this week! Could be that it's just rejections left to send out though as you said haha 😅

Nom

Feb 7, 2023
    Hi there! I didn't realise places have already been offered but I think someone posted on here last week that they emailed Mishcon, and the firm said they were going through the last of the VI's and they'll respond by end of this week! Could be that it's just rejections left to send out though as you said haha 😅
    I haven't seen anything about summer schemes tho, most people seemed to have gotten vac scheme offers for spring as far as I saw here. Unless someone who's gotten a summer vs offer can shed some light on this.

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    hey guys! Browne Jacobson interviewees - congratulations! Did you guys apply for Direct TC? I haven't yet and I'm wondering if these invites are for that route (because if so, I should hurry and apply lol)

HopefulLawyer_x

Star Member
  • Oct 26, 2022
    I haven't seen anything about summer schemes tho, most people seemed to have gotten vac scheme offers for spring as far as I saw here. Unless someone who's gotten a summer vs offer can shed some light on this.
    Hey, I got offered a place on spring scheme but they let me know about a week and a half before it was due to start so I couldn't get the time off work. They offered me a place on the summer scheme bc of this but as far as I know, they were processing spring schemers first and just assuming from how close to the scheme they got back to me with an offer, it might be a while yet for those who applied for summer. Also like you said, still 2 stages to go until an offer so it might be a while yet. Hope this helps! :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Maybe off topic but does anyone know why some firms choose not to disclose salaries? Is it just because their pay is less competitive?
    Not necessarily - there can be many reasons why firms don't disclose salaries. Factors such as where they are based outside of the UK can influence this (e.g. if it's not normal to disclose salaries in a major jurisdiction, they may choose to do this globally). If they are publicly listed companies, this can also influence decisions on whether or not to disclose salaries. There are bound to be many other factors.

Also, it may not be purely because they pay less - it could actually be the opposite in that they want to get people who are interested in the work, not the salary. But it may also be for the reason you have mentioned too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.