TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLLLAMA

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 16, 2023
Has anyone received an AC invite from AG with an August date? I haven't received anything back from them post application, so I can only assume it's a PFO especially if AC's are set to be carried out in the next couple of weeks.
Hey, can you explain what PFO means ( sorry if it sounds dumb to ask). Also I’m waiting for AC email post VI for AG. I did it on the 10th.

Reactions: Maham

hannah04

Legendary Member
Jan 9, 2023
Thanks for confirming with regards to the article! Good luck to us both :D
Yep, this happened to me this morning. I found it quite challenging as well, but don’t worry :) I’m sure you tried your best given the circumstances. I hope you hear good news soon!
Did you guys have your ACs virtual or in person? I had to switch mine to be virtual, did you find the virtual AC format ok?

Reactions: kk17990

kk17990

Standard Member
Aug 14, 2023
Did you guys have your ACs virtual or in person? I had to switch mine to be virtual, did you find the virtual AC format ok?
Hi! My AC was virtual; I believe Mondays are the only days in the week that are available for virtual ACs. I found the format to be coherent, you 'll probably be receiving a schedule soon for your AC.

For me the day started out with an introduction with recruitment and the rest of the candidates, then straight to the General Interview which took about an hour. Following that, meeting a FF Trainee and talking to them along with the rest of the AC participants. Fifteen minute break following that, then thirty minutes allocated to study up and make notes on an article and then finally, a one hour technical interview on that article.

• 🏆
Reactions: hannah04 and Adrian_S

kazza123

May 27, 2021
Has anyone received an AC invite from AG with an August date? I haven't received anything back from them post application, so I can only assume it's a PFO especially if AC's are set to be carried out in the next couple of weeks.
I was invited to the AC on the 21st of August however I also applied only 2 weeks after the applications opened

Reactions: joe323

koko1029

Aug 16, 2023
In the same boat. Received an email last Friday saying that they are still in the process of deciding on who to progress.
hey, did you email them for an update or was this an automated email?
I completed my VI on July 16th and haven’t heard back since so am considering emailing them. Don’t know if that’s a good idea though! Any advice would be appreciated!

koko1029

Aug 16, 2023
WFW interview invite post-AC!! any advice would be very appreciated!
Hi! I’m also a WFW applicant
I finished my VI on 16 July and havent heard back from them since
I saw on the TC thread that you secured a final interview! May I ask how many people you did the group exercise with during AC? And How your experience was at the final interview? Only if you are comfortable with sharing! Thank you and congratulations on getting this far :)

bottles747

Nov 10, 2020
hey, did you email them for an update or was this an automated email?
I completed my VI on July 16th and haven’t heard back since so am considering emailing them. Don’t know if that’s a good idea though! Any advice would be appreciated!
Hey, no I did not email email them. I suspect it was an automated email as myself and someone else received it on the same day. I dont think it would be detrimental to email them, but I suspect that the answer would be that they are still in the process.

hannah04

Legendary Member
Jan 9, 2023
Hi! My AC was virtual; I believe Mondays are the only days in the week that are available for virtual ACs. I found the format to be coherent, you 'll probably be receiving a schedule soon for your AC.

For me the day started out with an introduction with recruitment and the rest of the candidates, then straight to the General Interview which took about an hour. Following that, meeting a FF Trainee and talking to them along with the rest of the AC participants. Fifteen minute break following that, then thirty minutes allocated to study up and make notes on an article and then finally, a one hour technical interview on that article.
Thanks for the info!! Hoping you receive positive news!

• 🤝
Reactions: kk17990
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.