TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

F12M34L

Legendary Member
  • Apr 28, 2022
    I emailed GR to ask for my feedback report because I wanted to check which sections I can improve further.

They came back with my score (expressed as %) and said that that I passed (and that the pass mark is 38%). I don’t know if they meant percentile or not, but I assume so. They don’t however send the actual test report.
    I was actually looking to ask someone about this - thank youuu!! :D

Reactions: bibss

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    does anybody know how long HL takes to respond after WG? lowkey v stressed LMAO

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

Last edited:

Marissa

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 25, 2020
    btw does anyone know what HSF usually asks on their VS apps?
    One from last year‘s spring VS:

• Introduce us to a topic you know about and explain why it interests you.
      (We are looking for structure and succinctness in your answer. Your answer does not need to be related to law or HSF and it is a chance for us to find out more about you and your interests)
      (Up to 300 words, inclusive of character limit)
    • Why are you interested in pursuing a career at Herbert Smith Freehills?
    • What skills, qualities and attributes would you bring to the role?

• 🏆
    Reactions: mfuturetrainee

KrishmaK

Standard Member
    Jul 27, 2023
    Has anyone received an AC invite from AG with an August date? I haven't received anything back from them post application, so I can only assume it's a PFO especially if AC's are set to be carried out in the next couple of weeks.

jnice

Distinguished Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    Do you need to have had a perfect interview to progress? Completely overthinking an interview I had yesterday and realising all my mistakes!
    Absolutely not. I got a vs at linklaters this year and my feedback on certain questions was that my answers could have been stronger. You are not supposed/going to be perfect, nor are they expecting you to be. Try not to panic - I know it’s easier said than done! Good luck!

19vanessat

Feb 23, 2022
    Hi - does anyone know when I should submit an application for a self-funded law conversion course starting this Sept, as a backup option while waiting for TC outcomes? Would you advise doing that? Or instead, wait until I hear back from firms, or let firms know I would require an outcome asap before the BPP/ULaw application deadline? (maybe @Jessica Booker ?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.