TCLA's Crash Course - We're running our first event!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Event schedule is now live:
    upload_2019-10-18_8-38-17.png
    3MXBT1n

wMnvPJT

wMnvPJT

Last edited:

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Crash Course attendees:

I have sent an email round containing important information about the registration time and how to access the application review. Please check your spam folder if you haven't received it.

Reactions: Soliha

Shaz

Distinguished Member
    Sep 29, 2019
    Really looking forward to attending this event!

I was just wondering if there is anything we can do in advance of the day to prepare for the event besides submitting an application for review?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Really looking forward to attending this event!

I was just wondering if there is anything we can do in advance of the day to prepare for the event besides submitting an application for review?

Good question!

I’m not sure there’s much you need to prepare unless you had specific questions you wanted to ask on the day.

I’d say the most important thing is coming on the day ready to learn and absorb as much information as possible because it’s going to be quite full on.

If you did want to brush up on the basics of M&A that may also help. I’ve asked the session to be pitched at a slightly more intermediate level.

Reactions: Shaz

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi everyone,

I look forward to meeting everyone in a couple of weeks time. Just a quick ask, if anyone has their application/CV ready to review now, I’d be grateful if you could send them across sometime over the next 5 days (if you can). I’ve got some availability to focus on reviewing the applications over the next week, so will be able to provide more thorough feedback to everyone the earlier I get some of the applications through!

Thanks in advance

Jess

Reactions: Alice G and Jaysen

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Please can I also ask that you send full applications where you can? Sometimes it is really difficult to comment on just cover letter style applications without seeing the context of other sections/answers you are providing.

Reactions: Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Please can I also ask that you send full applications where you can? Sometimes it is really difficult to comment on just cover letter style applications without seeing the context of other sections/answers you are providing.

Hi Jess - would you prefer a Word version, or do you have no preference?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi Jess - would you prefer a Word version, or do you have no preference?

Word docs are easier for me to check and mark up via Track changes, but happy for them to be in PDF format if it’s a little difficult getting the content off a draft application from a firm’s ATS

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Just a quick reminder I need applications submitted by today to give me a good chance to review all of them ahead of Saturday.

Samar

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 28, 2019
    Just a quick reminder I need applications submitted by today to give me a good chance to review all of them ahead of Saturday.

Hi Jessica,

I submitted an app to review last week - I am hoping you have not got round to looking at it yet as I would like to resubmit it. I have changed a few things so would be great if that could be incorporated into it. If you've started looking at it then that's also fine!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi Jessica,

I submitted an app to review last week - I am hoping you have not got round to looking at it yet as I would like to resubmit it. I have changed a few things so would be great if that could be incorporated into it. If you've started looking at it then that's also fine!

Unfortunately I have already reviewed it so won’t be able review another version of it.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi everyone,

Anyone who has submitted an application for the crash course should have just received a link to Doodle.

The link will provide you with various time slots for us to arrange a call/meeting to discuss your application feedback - there are 15 minute slots, so please book in at a time that suits you. Times start from tomorrow morning, running all day tomorrow, Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday.

I will be at the course from around 2.45pm, so hope to meet you all, although know it will be a busy afternoon!

Please let me know if you haven't received the link to the Doodle platform.

Jess

Reactions: Aminata and Shaz

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hey everyone - I know I owe a few of your marked up applications. My aim is to get them to you ASAP - apologies, both my colleagues have been off sick this week and my workload has gone a bit mental because of it. If you have an urgent deadline for the application (ie The next few days) please can you let me know, so I can prioritise it.

thanks for your patience on this!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.